FEATURED ARTICLESin Systems Integration
- Using workflow to achieve business integration
- How To Reap The Gains Of Business Process Automation
- Justification For Migration
- Investigate Before You Integrate
- OEM Excels at System Integration
- System Integration Break Through
- How to communicate effectively in engineering project management
- Automation project justification – just about the math?
- Avoid Project Management Mistakes
- Can Automation Vendors Serve Two Masters? Products & Services
- Executing the Complete Power Generation Project
- Bye-Bye, Windows? So Long, Ladder?
NEWSin Systems Integration
- MAC Solutions signs Intelligent Plant as integrator for oil & gas
- CSIA announces new members
- Emerson expands capabilities in Romania
- Patti Engineering Opens Office in Austin, Texas
- MAVERICK Technologies Named Best system integrator
- Manufacturing Operations Management: Identifying The Best Solution Approaches
- Barry-Wehmiller Design Group opens office in Ohio
- MAVERICK Technologies Joins MESA
- CSIA announces conference speakers
- ISA introduces Automation Engineering Survival Training course
- Patti Engineering and Hagbros Precision form strategic alliance
- Emerson to provide training system for BP
APRIL FEATURED PRODUCTS
PRODUCT NEWSin Systems Integration
MEDIAin Systems Integration
RESOURCESin Systems Integration
"Control System Migrations: A Practical Project Management Handbook," by Daniel Roessler, is a clear and practical application guide to effectively managing control system migrations.
Reference book outlines how to establish and manage industrial control groups, and how to initiate and execute industrial control projects.
ISA technical report ISA-TR106.00.01-2013 addresses good practices regarding procedure automation in process operations and strategies for incorporating automated procedures into industrial automation and basic process control systems (BPCS).
WHITE PAPERSin Systems Integration
PCN describes the application of IP-485® technology and products for building automation network expansions and upgrades, and how it is utilized to accelerate the transformation of legacy infrastructure into open standard Cloud connected BACnet and IP LANs.
By West Control Solutions
Customizing of control components is not the expensive luxury it may appear to be. If customization can bring about improvements in form, function and aesthetics, increased revenues will follow.
By Maverick Technologies
This first of two white papers walks you through DCS pre-planning step-by-step—from generating baselines to doing gap analysis—for a successful upgrade.
CASE STUDIESin Systems Integration
The safety PLC provided the platform for Sandvik Materials Technology to add zoned safety guarding to a large cold rolling mill at its Sandviken plant in Sweden.
The Absolut Vodka distillation process is now under control of ABB’s System 800xA. It provides trend data, asset monitoring and Smart Client information management.
South African Instrumentation and Control
PlantPAx replaced South Deep Gold Mine’s legacy Rockwell Automation SCADA system originally installed in 2001. The project also required for the plant’s new ball mill circuit, pebble crushing circuit, additional thickener, four leach tanks and an extra elution column to be incorporated into this single control, visualisation and reporting system.