FEATURED ARTICLESin Systems Integration
The Rise of Cloud Computing in Industrial Process Automation
By Latha D.S. & K. Jayaprakash, Tata Consulting Engineers
This article provides a brief cloud technology overview and discusses how cloud...
IIoT Progress Report: The Barriers and the Best Practices
By Jason Andersen, Stratus Technologies
How can industrial enterprises overcome organizational barriers and begin building the foundation for the...
Endress+Hauser's Open Integration Program Aims to Boost Multi-Vendor System Interoperability
By Bill Lydon, Editor, Automation.com
In today’s industrial world, one of the the most annoying hindrances to effective system integration is...
The Lion’s Share of IoT Communication: Making legacy systems IoT compatible
By Adrian Swindells, Director, Distec
The rise of the internet of things (IoT) has driven a need for cross-compatible equipment. This article...
NEWSin Systems Integration
- Omnify announces technology partnership with SiliconExpert
- Werum announces service partnership with EIS
- Mobile Experts report: IoT devices market poised to double
- AAEON and Kii announce partnership to build IoT smart vending platform
- Red Lion Controls and Distec to host Smart Factory Day
- CSIA Executive Conference to have two separate tracks for May 2-5 event
- Dataforth announces launch of updated website
- Moxa announces Turbo Pack 3 firmware upgrade for industrial Ethernet switches
- The Association for Advancing Automation (A3) announces launch of Mexican trade association
- HARTING announces partnership with Heilind Electronics
- MESA to co-locate 2017 conference with IndustryWeek Manufacturing Conference and Expo
- NI announces opening of Industrial IoT Lab
PRODUCT NEWSin Systems Integration
Integration Objects releases updated version of KnowledgeNet Analytics software
Integration Objects’ KNet Analytics is a big data software designed for capturing, storing, processing, analyzing and visualizing raw data.
Mencom introduces CDSH series of SQUICH spring terminal rectangular connectors
These are single connectors with a maximum number of 84 poles that occupy the same space of standard connectors with screw/spring connections
Molex introduces Impulse Orthogonal Direct Backplane Connector System
Designed for high-density data center applications, the Impulse connector system supports data rates of 56 Gbps NRZ and 112 Gbps PAM4 with superior...
MEDIAin Systems Integration
RESOURCESin Systems Integration
This is an open field network using general-purpose 100Mbps Ethernet communication and is a new network mode in the CC-Link IE Ethernet-based...
EtherCAT P is a new industrial Ethernet technology that combines EtherCAT communication and power lines into one standard 4-wire Ethernet cable.
The eStart app is a fully integrated feature of MAVERICK’s SureStart solution for startup and commissioning. With SureStart, MAVERICK...
WHITE PAPERSin Systems Integration
By Ming Fong, Schneider-Electric Software
Even though MQTT was designed prior to this age of IoT, its characteristics meet the requirements of IoT...
By Has Group
When dealing with CAD for electrical engineering the situation is different: the right technology and high integration enable a...
By Opto 22
Systems at the network edge are increasingly able to leverage cloudbased resources to perform edge computing, but before the benefits...
CASE STUDIESin Systems Integration
P. J. Hare focuses its development work primarily on hydraulic presses for use in the automotive supply sector. Because customers require traceable...
The assemblies of LUCAS are modular and built with numerous variable properties. The primary goal therefore was to automate the preparation of...
The system will ensure safe operations of compressor stations along the entire length of the pipeline. The Southern Gas Corridor is a critical part...