- Automation project justification – just about the math?
- Avoid Project Management Mistakes
- Can Automation Vendors Serve Two Masters? Products & Services
- Executing the Complete Power Generation Project
- Bye-Bye, Windows? So Long, Ladder?
- Building an integration strategy
- Panel Building Today
- Industrial cybersecurity: is the IT department your friend?
- Total cost of ownership: a study of automation systems
- The Cloud helps to dispel the mist
- Integrating Packaged Equipment
- Cybersecurity strategy and actions
- Strothmann to automate tandem press line in China
- AVEVA supplies Everything3D design software to EMS-CHEMIE
- Lantronix Announces M2M Design Contest
- Control System Integrators Association adds members
- ACM signs Autopro to implement SIL safety software
- Yokogawa to control Chevron Phillips Petrochemicals Project
- Automation IG Becomes RIA Certified Robot Integrator
- Centero joins ISA100 Wireless Compliance Institute
- AMT Becomes RIA Certified Robot Integrator
- Who says you can't go home again?
- Rimrock Becomes RIA Certified Robot Integrator
- Metso to automate biomass power plant in South Korea
DECEMBER FEATURED PRODUCTS
"Control System Migrations: A Practical Project Management Handbook," by Daniel Roessler, is a clear and practical application guide to effectively managing control system migrations.
Reference book outlines how to establish and manage industrial control groups, and how to initiate and execute industrial control projects.
ISA technical report ISA-TR106.00.01-2013 addresses good practices regarding procedure automation in process operations and strategies for incorporating automated procedures into industrial automation and basic process control systems (BPCS).
WHITE PAPERSview all
PCN describes the application of IP-485® technology and products for building automation network expansions and upgrades, and how it is utilized to accelerate the transformation of legacy infrastructure into open standard Cloud connected BACnet and IP LANs.
By West Control Solutions
Customizing of control components is not the expensive luxury it may appear to be. If customization can bring about improvements in form, function and aesthetics, increased revenues will follow.
By Maverick Technologies
This first of two white papers walks you through DCS pre-planning step-by-step—from generating baselines to doing gap analysis—for a successful upgrade.
CASE STUDIESview all
Control Engineering Europe
The aerosol generator of a nebulizer produced by PARI Pharma GmbH is used in the treatment of cystic fibrosis. After the update of its control system, direct communication is now possible between the existing S7-PLC, the new controller, the Oracle database and the SAP system.
Sarla Technologies successfully completed a project for an unnamed company in the metals and mining industry in India. Sarla integrated the company’s DCS, SCADA, PLCs, MES, energy monitoring, material management and plant maintenance systems.
Rand-Whitney Containerboard had two goals when it decided to replace the distributed control system at its Connecticut mill - system reliability and a good relationship with the new vendor.