FEATURED ARTICLESin Systems Integration
Inside Turck’s Industrial Control Edge Devices - Embedded PLC & ARGEE Logic Engines
By Bill Lydon, Editor, Automation.com
Keeping consistent with Internet of Things and Industry 4.0 concepts and architectures, Turck has embedded...
To Replace or Service Automation Systems: That is the Question
By Bill Lydon, Editor, Automation.com
For cost and efficiency purposes, most vendors will try to minimize downtime with already existing...
Why KPIs Help Take the Guesswork Out of System Integration
By Glenn Johnson, Magic Software Americas
KPIs can be used at multiple levels for system integration projects to evaluate their success at...
Creating the Next-Generation Historian with the Cloud
By Jan Pingel and Matthew Burd, Honeywell Process Solutions
Having a greater handle on the IIoT technologies that will be required to support...
NEWSin Systems Integration
- NI announces opening of Industrial IoT Lab
- Bitflow shares 5 technology trends likely to affect machine vision in 2017
- CABA announces 2017 Intelligent Buildings & Digital Home Forum
- Professional Systems Associates' CMPRO earns 5-star ICM certification
- EPE chooses Nordson's ASYMTEK Spectrum S-920 to automate fluid dispensation
- Hilscher announces Craig Lentzkow as IIoT Business Development Manager
- CC-Link Partner Association and PROFIBUS & PROFINET International announce interoperability specification
- Opto 22 announces joining of Dell IoT Solutions Partner Program
- GE announces launch of Lagos Garage program
- ADLINK to highlight MICA's IIoT capabilities at CNV event
- Red Lion's industrial RTUs earn NEMA TS2 compliance rating
- GE announces expansion of Predix platform at Minds + Machines event
PRODUCT NEWSin Systems Integration
AutomationDirect introduces the Stride SE2 series of industrial Ethernet switches
SE2 series switches offer an operating temperature range and are available with a 12-48 VDC or 18-30 VAC redundant power input, reverse polarity...
Axiomtek announces CAPA500 embedded board
The CAPA500 supports one 260-pin DDR4-1867 SO-DIMM with a memory capacity up to 16GB. The 3.5-inch embedded motherboard also offers display outputs...
LEMO announces Anglissimo elbow plug connector
This patent pending connector offers the system integrator and manufacturer the possibility to orientate the connector in one of the eight possible...
MEDIAin Systems Integration
RESOURCESin Systems Integration
This is an open field network using general-purpose 100Mbps Ethernet communication and is a new network mode in the CC-Link IE Ethernet-based...
EtherCAT P is a new industrial Ethernet technology that combines EtherCAT communication and power lines into one standard 4-wire Ethernet cable.
The eStart app is a fully integrated feature of MAVERICK’s SureStart solution for startup and commissioning. With SureStart, MAVERICK...
WHITE PAPERSin Systems Integration
By Ming Fong, Schneider-Electric Software
Even though MQTT was designed prior to this age of IoT, its characteristics meet the requirements of IoT...
By Has Group
When dealing with CAD for electrical engineering the situation is different: the right technology and high integration enable a...
By Opto 22
Systems at the network edge are increasingly able to leverage cloudbased resources to perform edge computing, but before the benefits...
CASE STUDIESin Systems Integration
P. J. Hare focuses its development work primarily on hydraulic presses for use in the automotive supply sector. Because customers require traceable...
The assemblies of LUCAS are modular and built with numerous variable properties. The primary goal therefore was to automate the preparation of...
The system will ensure safe operations of compressor stations along the entire length of the pipeline. The Southern Gas Corridor is a critical part...