- OEM Excels at System Integration
- System Integration Break Through
- How to communicate effectively in engineering project management
- Automation project justification – just about the math?
- Avoid Project Management Mistakes
- Can Automation Vendors Serve Two Masters? Products & Services
- Executing the Complete Power Generation Project
- Bye-Bye, Windows? So Long, Ladder?
- Building an integration strategy
- Panel Building Today
- Industrial cybersecurity: is the IT department your friend?
- Total cost of ownership: a study of automation systems
- CSIA announces conference speakers
- ISA introduces Automation Engineering Survival Training course
- Patti Engineering and Hagbros Precision form strategic alliance
- Emerson to provide training system for BP
- ABB to supply ruggedized PLCs at Lapland gold mine
- Franklin Control Systems moves into larger space
- infoteam Software names Siegfried Schülein Business Segment Head
- Patti Engineering to convert legacy control system to S7
- Metso to build a valve technology center in South Korea
- Avaap installs Infor Warehouse Solution at Weir Canada
- Yokogawa to control Yamal LNG Project in Russia
- TMEIC to automate Chinese Steel Mill
MARCH FEATURED PRODUCTS
"Control System Migrations: A Practical Project Management Handbook," by Daniel Roessler, is a clear and practical application guide to effectively managing control system migrations.
Reference book outlines how to establish and manage industrial control groups, and how to initiate and execute industrial control projects.
ISA technical report ISA-TR106.00.01-2013 addresses good practices regarding procedure automation in process operations and strategies for incorporating automated procedures into industrial automation and basic process control systems (BPCS).
WHITE PAPERSview all
PCN describes the application of IP-485® technology and products for building automation network expansions and upgrades, and how it is utilized to accelerate the transformation of legacy infrastructure into open standard Cloud connected BACnet and IP LANs.
By West Control Solutions
Customizing of control components is not the expensive luxury it may appear to be. If customization can bring about improvements in form, function and aesthetics, increased revenues will follow.
By Maverick Technologies
This first of two white papers walks you through DCS pre-planning step-by-step—from generating baselines to doing gap analysis—for a successful upgrade.
CASE STUDIESview all
The Absolut Vodka distillation process is now under control of ABB’s System 800xA. It provides trend data, asset monitoring and Smart Client information management.
South African Instrumentation and Control
PlantPAx replaced South Deep Gold Mine’s legacy Rockwell Automation SCADA system originally installed in 2001. The project also required for the plant’s new ball mill circuit, pebble crushing circuit, additional thickener, four leach tanks and an extra elution column to be incorporated into this single control, visualisation and reporting system.
Control Engineering Europe
The aerosol generator of a nebulizer produced by PARI Pharma GmbH is used in the treatment of cystic fibrosis. After the update of its control system, direct communication is now possible between the existing S7-PLC, the new controller, the Oracle database and the SAP system.