PRODUCTS The latest news in Automation technology for professionals in the Automation industry
July 26, 2013 – DFI today announces a Type 2 COM Express basic module, the HR902-BL, based on the Mobile Intel HM65 Express chipset. This module is powered by the BGA 1023 packaging technology for the low-power and cost-efficient 3rd/2nd generation Intel Core processors with 22/32-nanometer process technology. It is a new COM Express form factor that supports the 3rd generation premium performance i7-3615/3612QE, i7-3555LE, i7-3517UE and i5-3610ME, as well as the mainstream performance i3-3217UE and i3-3120ME. The Mobile Intel HM65 Express chipset paired with this COM Express basic module provides excellent processing performance in media, graphics and I/O flexibilities, seamless visual experiences, and error correcting code (ECC) memory.
The Intel HD Graphics 4000/3000 engine integrated into this Intel Core processor-based platform supports high-end enhancement and improves performance in media and graphics capabilities. The Intel Clear Video Technology offers advanced imaging capabilities for Blu-Ray and other high definition video processing such as image stabilization, gamut mapping and frame rate conversion. Performance is further increased through the introduction of DirectX Video Acceleration (DXVA) for providing acceleration of complex audio, video, and image processing. Additional features with Graphics APIs, including DirectX 11/10.1/10/9 and OpenGL 3.0, supply integrated Intel graphics accelerator with VGA and LVDS interfaces to support 2 display outputs.
The HR902-BL mobile platform with 2 204-pin DDR3 SODIMM sockets supported by DRAM device technologies for x8 and x16 devices delivers maximum performance up to 16GB or 1066/1067/1333/1600MHz low voltage system memory for faster communication between components. In addition, the Mobile Intel HM65 Express chipset used on the HR902-BL mobile module is packed with high performance and flexible I/O, including High Definition Audio interface, 2 IDE devices with DMA mode up to 100MB/s and PIO mode up to 16MB/s, 8-bit Digital I/O connector for device controls, 1 Intel Gigabit LAN controller integrated up to 1GB transceiver in order to increase transmission speed for network-intensive applications, 1 LPC interface, 1 SMBus interface and 2 Digital Display Interfaces which multiplex PCIe x16. The Advanced Host Controller Interface (AHCI) controller integrated into the HR902-BL mobile module supports 4 Serial ATA interfaces: 2 Serial ATA 3.0 ports with speed rate up to 6Gb/s and 2 Serial ATA 2.0 ports with speed rate up to 3Gb/s for applications that need fast storage speed. With 8 USB 2.0 ports, this new mobile platform allows your system to process more data load and provide faster loading of frequently used applications.
To offer additional capabilities for customers’ various demands, the HR902-BL supports multiple expansion configurations, including 1 PCIe x16 slot multiplexing digital display interface for high performance graphics displays, 4 PCI (PCI 2.3) slots, and 1 PCIe x4 and 1 PCIe x1 slots (default); or 5 PCIe x1 slots. The R902-BL platform also operates at the temperature range from 0ºC to 60ºC and the humidity range from 10% to 90% to make it suitable for various environments.
With all these combined features described above, the HR902-BL is an ideal product for customers to apply this new mobile embedded form factor on a whole range of applications requiring a stable revision-controlled platform.
- PICMG COM Express R2.1 basic form factor, Type 2 (95mm x 125mm)
- Supports Intel Core 3rd/2nd generation i7/i5/i3 processors (BGA 1023)
- Mobile Intel HM65 Express Chipset
- Up to 16GB of DDR3/DDR3L 1066/1067/1333/1600MHz, dual-channel memory interface
- 1 LVDS and 1 VGA interfaces support 2 display outputs
- 2 SATA 3.0 with data transfer rate up to 6Gb/s
- 2 SATA 2.0 with data transfer rate up to 3Gb/s
- 8 USB 2.0 ports
- 1 Intel Gigabit LAN interface
- 1 PCIe x16 slot
- 1 PCIe x4 slot and 1 PCIe x1 slot
- 4 PCI slots (PCI 2.3)
- 1 LPC interface
- 2 IDE devices
- 1 SMBus interface
- 8-bit Digital I/O connector
- 2 DDI multiplex with PCIe x16
- Operating Temperature Range: 0°C to 60°C; Humidity Range: 10% to 90%
Established in 1981, DFI is a leading supplier of high-performance computing technology worldwide. With more than 32 years of experience, DFI focuses on innovative design and manufacture of leading-edge board and system level products for embedded applications requiring strict revision control and long life availability. DFI uses the latest technology platforms and manufacturing techniques to produce cost-effective products for use in medical diagnostic & imaging, ATM/POS, industrial control, kiosk, security & surveillance, digital signage, gaming, and other embedded applications. As an Associate member of the Intel Intelligent Systems Alliance, DFI works closely with Intel on development of next-generation standards-based building blocks, platforms and solutions for the communications and embedded market segments.
- Kithara adds EAP extension to EtherCAT Module
- Trio Motion introduces MC4N-Mini EtherCAT Motion Coordinator
- Technosoft releases iPOS8010 BX-CAT drive
- Rockwell Automation to optimize US Army
- Lantronix introduces XPort Pro Lx6 Embedded Device Server
- Dwyer releases Model TAC-L Digital Tachometer
- Developers of Dream Report come out of hiding
- Integrated automation controls rail straightening machine
- Leveraging Mainstream PCI Express Advances in Embedded Systems
- Drive up to Four Independent Full HD Displays from a Single CPU Module
- Smart Panel Technology: Intelligent Control Solutions Offer Both Flexibility and Reliability
- ADCs in SoCs – Just a placeholder or a vital subsection?
- Inline Code in C and C++
- Protecting your low voltage electronic devices from electrical overstress
- Unlock the processing power of wireless modules
- The business case for the Internet of Things
- Building trust in the Internet of Things
- Microchip releases free Embedded Firmware Development Framework