PRODUCTS The latest news in Automation technology for professionals in the Automation industry
Emerson introduces ProLink III tool for Coriolis flow meters
GO TO SUPPLIER'S WEBSITE
January 10, 2012 - Emerson Process Management announces Micro Motion ProLink III, a Microsoft Windows-based configuration and service tool for Micro Motion Coriolis flow and density transmitters. ProLink III is an intuitive configuration, data-logging, and troubleshooting tool for the range of Micro Motion Coriolis flow and density products.
The Micro Motion ProLink III Configuration Tool utilizes Emerson’s Human Centered Design approach for an intuitive interface that improves overall functionality and ease of use. Customers looking to streamline work practices, improve process control, trend and remotely troubleshoot meters in the field will benefit from this latest version of ProLink. Once connected, process variables and alerts are immediately seen through a single, user-friendly, full diagnostics display. To better interrogate field issues, ProLink III identifies fault conditions that are then separated by severity, allowing the user to prioritize alerts. Additionally, the guided connection wizard, the simulated device feature and the offline configuration tool all help decrease commissioning time and reduce start-up costs by limiting the opportunity for mistakes. The response time of this software tool is unmatched by anything else previously offered.
Designed with servicing in mind, additional Micro Motion ProLink III benefits include the ability to simultaneously connect to multiple devices and monitor system performance through trending and data logging, allowing the user to easily view and improve process conditions across more than one transmitter at a time. When considering changing a transmitter, device simulation and offline configuration offers configuration confirmation prior to actually implementing a change. This capability provides less room for error and can eliminate expensive downtime having to troubleshoot transmitter behavior. Advanced transmitter functionality such as Smart Meter Verification, concentration measurement, petroleum measurement, Net Oil Computer (NOTC), discrete batching, or filling & dosing application software can all be easily configured using ProLink III.
ProLink III is available in two editions, Basic and Professional. The Basic edition covers basic configuration and alarm functionality, while the Professional edition also includes simultaneous multi-transmitter connectivity, trending and data logging, device simulation, offline configuration management, Modbus communications over Ethernet and Smart Meter Verification reports.
ProLink III connects to all Micro Motion Coriolis transmitters and supports HART, Modbus RS-485, and Modbus/TCP communications.
About Emerson Process Management
Emerson Process Management, an Emerson business, is a leader in helping businesses automate their production, processing and distribution in the chemical, oil and gas, refining, pulp and paper, power, water and wastewater treatment, metals and mining, food and beverage, life sciences and other industries. The company combines superior products and technology with industry-specific engineering, consulting, project management and maintenance services. Its brands include PlantWeb, Syncade, DeltaV, Fisher, Micro Motion, Rosemount, Daniel, Ovation and AMS Suite.
- ICP DAS introduces PFN-2060 Profinet remote I/O Module
- Metso introduces SDO sludge dewatering control
- Servo2Go introduces ElectroCraft EXC-Series AC Servo Motors
- PANalytical Announces ASD TerraSpec Halo mineral identifier
- Tecsis LP announces Model LPI inclination sensor
- Kooltronic announces SlimKool cabinet air conditioners
- Global ManuChem Strategies 2014
- Cyber Security Lessons from a Military Leader
- Developers of Dream Report come out of hiding
- ISA book says automation can prevent nuclear power plant disasters
- Process Control & Industrial Automation
- GE will resell PTC Manufacturing Process Management software
- 6th Annual SCADA Asia Summit
- Technology convergence presents evolving workforce development challenges in combating cyberthreats
- Thermocouples versus RTDs
- Reference recorders shake up old standards
- AMETEK acquires Powervar
- Honeywell to Automate Largest Refinery in the Middle East