Emerson introduces Rosemount 3051S Electronic Remote level Sensor
June 27, 2011 – Emerson Process Management releasedt he Rosemount 3051S Electronic Remote Sensor digital DP Level architecture. Tthe 3051S ERS System replaces mechanical impulse piping with two 3051S pressure sensors linked together electronically. Differential pressure is calculated in one of the two sensors and is transmitted using a standard two-wire 4-20 mA HART signal.
Ideal applications for the 3051S ERS System include tall vessels, distillation towers, and other installations that traditionally have required excessive lengths of impulse piping or capillary. When used in these types of applications, the 3051S ERS System can deliver:
- Improved Performance: The 3051S ERS System replaces mechanical components with a digital architecture, resulting in faster response time and a more stable and repeatable measurement even in applications with wide varying temperatures.
- Simplified Installations and Maintenance: Cold weather installations often require heat tracing or insulation. Impulse lines need to be checked for leaks, condensation, evaporation, and plugging. The digital architecture of the 3051S ERS System eliminates these practices, resulting in cleaner installations with less maintenance and upkeep.
- Additional Process Insight and Diagnostics: The 3051S ERS System is a MultiVariable solution that provides additional process information for optimized control. In addition to the DP calculation, the 3051S ERS provides real-time access to the readings from each pressure sensor and a scaled output for tank level or volume measurement.
The Electronic Remote Sensor system is built on the scalable 3051S architecture and is part of a broader portfolio of Rosemount DP level and process level technologies that include Tuned-System Assemblies, radar, ultrasonic, and switches.
About Emerson Process Management
Emerson Process Management, an Emerson business, is a leader in helping businesses automate their production, processing and distribution in the chemical, oil and gas, refining, pulp and paper, power, water and wastewater treatment, mining and metals, food and beverage, life sciences and other industries. The company combines superior products and technology with industry-specific engineering, consulting, project management and maintenance services. Its brands include PlantWeb, Syncade, DeltaV, Fisher, Micro Motion, Rosemount, Daniel, Ovation, and AMS Suite.
- Related Portals:
- Process Instruments, Field Devices & IO
- , Featured, Sensors - Level (including Transmitters, Transducers), June 2011
IBASE announces MI811 Mini-ITX motherboard
The MI811 Mini-ITX Motherboard comes built in with the Intel 2.5GHz Pentium QC N4200 or Celeron DC N3350 processors. Measuring 170mm by 170mm, the...
Emerson releases Roxar RMS 10 software
The 10th version of Emerson’s Roxar RMS reservoir modeling software is a geosciences and reservoir engineering platform for seismic...
DWFritz Automation releases Automated Seal Inspection system
The Automated Seal Inspection system (ASI) verifies the integrity of sterile package seals while simultaneously reducing manual inspection costs....
Alicat Scientific introduces EPC & EPCD family of pressure controllers
EPC instruments are ideal for use in OEM gas chromatographs, fluidics dispensing for flow cytometry, and anywhere responsive pressure control is...
MEMSIC announces the MMC5883MA 3-Axis magnetic sensor
The MC5883MA is complete system incorporating on-chip signal processing and an integrated I2C 400 kHz FAST mode operation digital interface for...
Phoenix Contact and Flowserve join Endress+Hauser's Open Integration Partner Program
Endress+Hauser’s Open Integration Partner Program strives to mitigate risks when commissioning customer plant by ensuring that operators can...
Honeywell provides IIoT connectivity to Delek Refining
Delek Refining will use an Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)-based Connected Performance Services (CPS) offering to improve the performance of...
Fluke products named finalists for Plant Engineering 2016 Product of the Year Awards
Fluke Condition Monitoring and the Fluke 279 FC Thermal Multimeter are finalists in the Maintenance Tools and Equipment category. The awards honor...
WSCAD releases expanded electrical CAD data library
Over 140,000 updated parts, data and new records were added in 2016, including several from manufacturers such as BALLUFF, DRAGO, Phoenix Contact,...
Rotork delivers flow control to Suncor oil sands project
Suncor is a Canadian integrated energy company. Rotork has been a supplier of flow control products and services to Suncor for over 30 years,...