Emerson introduces Rosemount 3051S Electronic Remote level Sensor
June 27, 2011 – Emerson Process Management releasedt he Rosemount 3051S Electronic Remote Sensor digital DP Level architecture. Tthe 3051S ERS System replaces mechanical impulse piping with two 3051S pressure sensors linked together electronically. Differential pressure is calculated in one of the two sensors and is transmitted using a standard two-wire 4-20 mA HART signal.
Ideal applications for the 3051S ERS System include tall vessels, distillation towers, and other installations that traditionally have required excessive lengths of impulse piping or capillary. When used in these types of applications, the 3051S ERS System can deliver:
- Improved Performance: The 3051S ERS System replaces mechanical components with a digital architecture, resulting in faster response time and a more stable and repeatable measurement even in applications with wide varying temperatures.
- Simplified Installations and Maintenance: Cold weather installations often require heat tracing or insulation. Impulse lines need to be checked for leaks, condensation, evaporation, and plugging. The digital architecture of the 3051S ERS System eliminates these practices, resulting in cleaner installations with less maintenance and upkeep.
- Additional Process Insight and Diagnostics: The 3051S ERS System is a MultiVariable solution that provides additional process information for optimized control. In addition to the DP calculation, the 3051S ERS provides real-time access to the readings from each pressure sensor and a scaled output for tank level or volume measurement.
The Electronic Remote Sensor system is built on the scalable 3051S architecture and is part of a broader portfolio of Rosemount DP level and process level technologies that include Tuned-System Assemblies, radar, ultrasonic, and switches.
About Emerson Process Management
Emerson Process Management, an Emerson business, is a leader in helping businesses automate their production, processing and distribution in the chemical, oil and gas, refining, pulp and paper, power, water and wastewater treatment, mining and metals, food and beverage, life sciences and other industries. The company combines superior products and technology with industry-specific engineering, consulting, project management and maintenance services. Its brands include PlantWeb, Syncade, DeltaV, Fisher, Micro Motion, Rosemount, Daniel, Ovation, and AMS Suite.
- Related Portals:
- Process Instruments, Field Devices & IO
- , Featured, Sensors - Level (including Transmitters, Transducers), June 2011
MMP announces Model MMP LA3-12V-5-A-SP-100 linear actuator
This design from MMP utilizes an ‘All-Steel” drive pinion, thereby increasing the force capacity, while maintaining the 5:1 Reduction Ratio...
Binder introduces M12 connector cord sets
The M12 cordsets are ideally suited for the food and beverage, pharmaceutical and chemical industries where a washable connector is required.
PAC announces the ISL FZP 5G2S OptiFZP freezing point analyzer
The OptiFZP is designed to offer productivity with reliability and accuracy with an interface on a 7” color touch-screen allows users to start a...
C3D Labs announces launch of C3D Vision 2016
This software component from C3D Labs works with polygonal 3D models. Scenes are split into segments and then represented by graphics. Each segment...
Schaefer introduces C/B 3500 series of DC-DC, AC-DC converter modules
The C/B 3500 Series provides a solution for the most extreme environments including military, transportation, alternative energy, and process...
Valin announces acquisition of Thermal Solutions of Texas
The acquisition expands Valin’s process heating portfolio and was made effective on August 15, 2016. Thermal Solutions of Texas provides service...
Measuring Bearing Vibration Levels
By CAS Dataloggers
The diagnosis of bearing damage in roller bearings is an integral part of servicing and maintenance tasks. This whitepaper...
ABB announces 2nd edition of Single Loop Control Methods
The objective of Single Loop Control Methods is to help make the complicated subject of process control more easily understood by process engineers...
Emerson Global Users Exchange 2016
The Emerson Global Users Exchange is more than an industry-leading technical conference…it is a community of manufacturing leaders committed to...
Endress+Hauser receives Frost & Sullivan’s Global Company of the Year award
The global Company of the Year Award for water analysis instrumentation is based on an independent study. Analysts took into account each...