Emerson introduces Rosemount 3051S Electronic Remote level Sensor
June 27, 2011 – Emerson Process Management releasedt he Rosemount 3051S Electronic Remote Sensor digital DP Level architecture. Tthe 3051S ERS System replaces mechanical impulse piping with two 3051S pressure sensors linked together electronically. Differential pressure is calculated in one of the two sensors and is transmitted using a standard two-wire 4-20 mA HART signal.
Ideal applications for the 3051S ERS System include tall vessels, distillation towers, and other installations that traditionally have required excessive lengths of impulse piping or capillary. When used in these types of applications, the 3051S ERS System can deliver:
- Improved Performance: The 3051S ERS System replaces mechanical components with a digital architecture, resulting in faster response time and a more stable and repeatable measurement even in applications with wide varying temperatures.
- Simplified Installations and Maintenance: Cold weather installations often require heat tracing or insulation. Impulse lines need to be checked for leaks, condensation, evaporation, and plugging. The digital architecture of the 3051S ERS System eliminates these practices, resulting in cleaner installations with less maintenance and upkeep.
- Additional Process Insight and Diagnostics: The 3051S ERS System is a MultiVariable solution that provides additional process information for optimized control. In addition to the DP calculation, the 3051S ERS provides real-time access to the readings from each pressure sensor and a scaled output for tank level or volume measurement.
The Electronic Remote Sensor system is built on the scalable 3051S architecture and is part of a broader portfolio of Rosemount DP level and process level technologies that include Tuned-System Assemblies, radar, ultrasonic, and switches.
About Emerson Process Management
Emerson Process Management, an Emerson business, is a leader in helping businesses automate their production, processing and distribution in the chemical, oil and gas, refining, pulp and paper, power, water and wastewater treatment, mining and metals, food and beverage, life sciences and other industries. The company combines superior products and technology with industry-specific engineering, consulting, project management and maintenance services. Its brands include PlantWeb, Syncade, DeltaV, Fisher, Micro Motion, Rosemount, Daniel, Ovation, and AMS Suite.
- Related Portals:
- Process Instruments, Field Devices & IO
- , Featured, Sensors - Level (including Transmitters, Transducers), June 2011
MicroPower Direct releases IG275E series of DC/DC converters
Three models operate from 12, 15 or 24 VDC input bus voltages, providing dual outputs of +15 VDC and -8 VDC; the recommended gate bias levels for...
EVT releases EyeSens ColorInspect vision sensor
The vision sensor levels out vibrations or fast movements of the machine in the production line. With IP67 and the integrated LED illumination in...
Delta Electronics announces PJT-27V150WBNA open frame power supply
The 3”x5” product comes with universal AC input voltage range at 90Vac to 264Vac, is usable worldwide and features built-in Power Boost of 175W...
GAST Manufacturing introduces GAST range of vacuum pumps and compressors
The three pump and compressor ranges include sixteen oil-free and oil-lubricated rotary vane models and, in a first for the organization, four claw...
Phoenix Contact introduces HMC series of circuit breakers
The HMC offers pluggable line and load terminations, along with the unique T-bus option that allows breakers to snap into a common power bus.
Wireless Switches & Sensors - New Control Possibilities
By Steute USA
Clearly, wireless technology has been widely accepted and embraced in the industrial community. This has resulted in the development...
Schneider Electric recognizes 50th anniversary of SimSci process simulation solution
SimSci process simulation solutions serve 23 of the world’s top 25 petroleum companies; 48 of the top 50 chemical companies; and all of the top...
Endress + Hauser earns IACET accreditation for IACET Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Upcoming classes in 2017 which offer CEUs at Endress+Hauser include I-101 Basic instrumentation in January, March, June, and September in...
Okuma to highlight automated machining advancements at NTMA Plant Managers Roundtable
The NTMA Plant Managers Roundtable at Modern Industries in Phoenix, Arizona will discuss the various types of automation devices that make...
Emerson to help EPH Lynemouth Power automate biomass-fueled power plant
When the conversion is complete in late 2017, the plant, near Newcastle in the United Kingdom, will be fueled by approximately 1.4 million tons of...