Emerson introduces Rosemount 3051S Electronic Remote level Sensor
June 27, 2011 – Emerson Process Management releasedt he Rosemount 3051S Electronic Remote Sensor digital DP Level architecture. Tthe 3051S ERS System replaces mechanical impulse piping with two 3051S pressure sensors linked together electronically. Differential pressure is calculated in one of the two sensors and is transmitted using a standard two-wire 4-20 mA HART signal.
Ideal applications for the 3051S ERS System include tall vessels, distillation towers, and other installations that traditionally have required excessive lengths of impulse piping or capillary. When used in these types of applications, the 3051S ERS System can deliver:
- Improved Performance: The 3051S ERS System replaces mechanical components with a digital architecture, resulting in faster response time and a more stable and repeatable measurement even in applications with wide varying temperatures.
- Simplified Installations and Maintenance: Cold weather installations often require heat tracing or insulation. Impulse lines need to be checked for leaks, condensation, evaporation, and plugging. The digital architecture of the 3051S ERS System eliminates these practices, resulting in cleaner installations with less maintenance and upkeep.
- Additional Process Insight and Diagnostics: The 3051S ERS System is a MultiVariable solution that provides additional process information for optimized control. In addition to the DP calculation, the 3051S ERS provides real-time access to the readings from each pressure sensor and a scaled output for tank level or volume measurement.
The Electronic Remote Sensor system is built on the scalable 3051S architecture and is part of a broader portfolio of Rosemount DP level and process level technologies that include Tuned-System Assemblies, radar, ultrasonic, and switches.
About Emerson Process Management
Emerson Process Management, an Emerson business, is a leader in helping businesses automate their production, processing and distribution in the chemical, oil and gas, refining, pulp and paper, power, water and wastewater treatment, mining and metals, food and beverage, life sciences and other industries. The company combines superior products and technology with industry-specific engineering, consulting, project management and maintenance services. Its brands include PlantWeb, Syncade, DeltaV, Fisher, Micro Motion, Rosemount, Daniel, Ovation, and AMS Suite.
- Related Portals:
- Process Instruments, Field Devices & IO
- , Featured, Sensors - Level (including Transmitters, Transducers), June 2011
OES introduces AR59-AV vertical rotation stage
The AR59-AV vertical rotation stage is intended for: Micro robotics, metrology, vision systems, positioning of mirrors and lasers, laser machining...
MicroPower Direct introduces MR50SRW power converters
The MR50SRW series is has been designed for use in rail and transit applications. They provide the reliability, size, temperature operation and...
Alicat Scientific introduces MQ and MCQ series of mass flow meters and controllers
The MQ Series meters and MCQ Series mass flow controllers will operate in high pressure systems, up to 320 PSIA (22 bar). The products are designed...
Endress+Hauser introduces FMR10 and FMR20 free space radar level transmitters
The FMR10 measures liquid levels at ranges up to 16 feet with 0.2 inch accuracy, while the FMR20 measures levels up to 66 feet with 0.08 inch...
AutomationDirect announces Bimed cable glands for wiring solutions
Commonly known as a cable connector or fitting, cable glands secure wire or cable to electrical equipment while providing strain relief and...
Rockwell to showcase solutions for Water and Wastewater Facilities at WEFTEC 2016
Featuring its PlantPAx platform, Rockwell Automation will demonstrate process and automation solutions for efficient process control, monitoring...
Siluria names Erik Scher as Chief Operations Officer
As COO, Dr. Scher is responsible for the company's operating activities, including its OCM demonstration plant in Texas and multiple pilot plants...
GE Digital software boosts connectivity in Brazilian steel plant
Gerdau has decided to rollout GE Digital’s Asset Performance Management (APM) solution to connect 600 assets in 11 plants across Brazil.
Analytik Jena announces Ulrick Krauss to be next CEO
Ulrich Krauss will become the company’s new Chief Executive Officer as of 1 October 2016. Klaus Berka, who founded Analytik Jena with two...
Honeywell Survey: Data analytics investment on the rise
A recent survey of manufacturing executives indicates many respondents (67 percent) are pressing ahead with plans to invest in data analytics even...