Emerson introduces Rosemount 3051S Electronic Remote level Sensor
June 27, 2011 – Emerson Process Management releasedt he Rosemount 3051S Electronic Remote Sensor digital DP Level architecture. Tthe 3051S ERS System replaces mechanical impulse piping with two 3051S pressure sensors linked together electronically. Differential pressure is calculated in one of the two sensors and is transmitted using a standard two-wire 4-20 mA HART signal.
Ideal applications for the 3051S ERS System include tall vessels, distillation towers, and other installations that traditionally have required excessive lengths of impulse piping or capillary. When used in these types of applications, the 3051S ERS System can deliver:
- Improved Performance: The 3051S ERS System replaces mechanical components with a digital architecture, resulting in faster response time and a more stable and repeatable measurement even in applications with wide varying temperatures.
- Simplified Installations and Maintenance: Cold weather installations often require heat tracing or insulation. Impulse lines need to be checked for leaks, condensation, evaporation, and plugging. The digital architecture of the 3051S ERS System eliminates these practices, resulting in cleaner installations with less maintenance and upkeep.
- Additional Process Insight and Diagnostics: The 3051S ERS System is a MultiVariable solution that provides additional process information for optimized control. In addition to the DP calculation, the 3051S ERS provides real-time access to the readings from each pressure sensor and a scaled output for tank level or volume measurement.
The Electronic Remote Sensor system is built on the scalable 3051S architecture and is part of a broader portfolio of Rosemount DP level and process level technologies that include Tuned-System Assemblies, radar, ultrasonic, and switches.
About Emerson Process Management
Emerson Process Management, an Emerson business, is a leader in helping businesses automate their production, processing and distribution in the chemical, oil and gas, refining, pulp and paper, power, water and wastewater treatment, mining and metals, food and beverage, life sciences and other industries. The company combines superior products and technology with industry-specific engineering, consulting, project management and maintenance services. Its brands include PlantWeb, Syncade, DeltaV, Fisher, Micro Motion, Rosemount, Daniel, Ovation, and AMS Suite.
- Related Portals:
- Process Instruments, Field Devices & IO
- , Featured, Sensors - Level (including Transmitters, Transducers), June 2011
Emerson introduces AMS ARES asset health monitoring platform
AMS ARES Platform is designed to prioritize and deliver asset and device health data, enabling maintenance decisions that increase operational and...
AutomationDirect announces availability of Schmersal pushbuttons
These control and signaling devices have special design features that make the devices suitable for food processing, pharmaceutical, and medical...
Eaton introduces ELPRO 645M-1 industrial 4G LTE modem
The technology is designed to make it faster and simpler to connect, monitor and control a variety of mission critical field devices and assets,...
Optimal Engineering introduces AK130-15 goniometer stage
This goniometer stage is ideal for: Microscopy, crystallography, measurement of surgical cutting blades, laser positioning, light measurement, and...
Vecow releases Vecow 10 GigE Series embedded computing system
Vecow 10 GigE Series embedded system is a solution for Machine Vision, Intelligent Automation, Smart Manufacturing, ITS (Intelligent Transportation...
Rockwell Automation PartnerNetwork delivers data collection at bulk-powder plant
The goal of the pilot was to collect information on the line’s bulk-powder process – including event-based data on when production stopped,...
Honeywell and Flowserve announce collaboration on Honeywell's INspireT IIoT program
The goal of this collaboration is creation of an infrastructure that gives customers secure methods to capture and aggregate data, so that it can...
Honeywell to automate remote offshore North Sea drilling platform
When drilling operations are completed, Statoil’s Valemon platform, located on the Norwegian Continental Shelf, will become a periodically-manned...
Off the Record: The Truth About Data Integrity in Pharma
By Lee Sullivan, COPA-DATA UK
This article explores three data integrity pitfalls to which pharmaceutical manufacturers are most vulnerable, and...
Emerson's Unidrive 600M boosts sugar delivery at Thai plant
Mitr Phol Sugar Corp is the largest sugar producer in Thailand today, the biggest in Asia and the world’s fourth largest, producing 2 million...