Emerson introduces Rosemount 3051S Electronic Remote level Sensor
June 27, 2011 – Emerson Process Management releasedt he Rosemount 3051S Electronic Remote Sensor digital DP Level architecture. Tthe 3051S ERS System replaces mechanical impulse piping with two 3051S pressure sensors linked together electronically. Differential pressure is calculated in one of the two sensors and is transmitted using a standard two-wire 4-20 mA HART signal.
Ideal applications for the 3051S ERS System include tall vessels, distillation towers, and other installations that traditionally have required excessive lengths of impulse piping or capillary. When used in these types of applications, the 3051S ERS System can deliver:
- Improved Performance: The 3051S ERS System replaces mechanical components with a digital architecture, resulting in faster response time and a more stable and repeatable measurement even in applications with wide varying temperatures.
- Simplified Installations and Maintenance: Cold weather installations often require heat tracing or insulation. Impulse lines need to be checked for leaks, condensation, evaporation, and plugging. The digital architecture of the 3051S ERS System eliminates these practices, resulting in cleaner installations with less maintenance and upkeep.
- Additional Process Insight and Diagnostics: The 3051S ERS System is a MultiVariable solution that provides additional process information for optimized control. In addition to the DP calculation, the 3051S ERS provides real-time access to the readings from each pressure sensor and a scaled output for tank level or volume measurement.
The Electronic Remote Sensor system is built on the scalable 3051S architecture and is part of a broader portfolio of Rosemount DP level and process level technologies that include Tuned-System Assemblies, radar, ultrasonic, and switches.
About Emerson Process Management
Emerson Process Management, an Emerson business, is a leader in helping businesses automate their production, processing and distribution in the chemical, oil and gas, refining, pulp and paper, power, water and wastewater treatment, mining and metals, food and beverage, life sciences and other industries. The company combines superior products and technology with industry-specific engineering, consulting, project management and maintenance services. Its brands include PlantWeb, Syncade, DeltaV, Fisher, Micro Motion, Rosemount, Daniel, Ovation, and AMS Suite.
- Related Portals:
- Process Instruments, Field Devices & IO
- , Featured, Sensors - Level (including Transmitters, Transducers), June 2011
AutomationDirect introduces Mersen STXR series of surge protectors
Available in 120-600VAC models and a 200kA short-circuit current rating, these devices are ideal for use in ANSI/UL Type 1 or 2 SPD installations,...
Bristol Instruments introduces OMR700 digital chart recorder
This instrument is available with up to 96 input channels and can record from two hours to 132 years of data—depending on the number of channels...
Hydratight announces Profile Slide Attachment for pipeline machining
The Profile Slide Attachment has been custom designed by Hydratight for heavy cutting and beveling at the pre-weld stage in combination with the...
Applied Motion introduces SWM series of integrated steppers
The SWM24 integrated steppers combine NEMA 24 step motors with a 6.0 A/phase (peak-of-sine) step motor drive.
FSG releases MH609y-II-Can series of rotary encoders
With a diameter of 22.2 mm and a case that is less than 39 mm long, the encoders (80 g) come with an integrated redundant Hall sensor for detecting...
CIMdata releases eBook on capital project success for EPCs
This eBook presents CIMdata's perspective on the use of open standards, notably ISO 15926, to improve interoperability, and the application of...
Brooks Instrument introduces Mohamed Saleen as chief technology officer
Saleem has more than 20 years of experience working with leading companies in the semiconductor industry. Most recently, he was vice president of...
Nook Industries announces Jim Rowell as COO
In this position, Rowell is responsible for overseeing Nook’s leadership initiatives, driving operational strategy and supporting employee...
Siemens announces collaboration in 'Road to Digital Production' research project
The declared aim of the 26-month project is to advance the development of products and technologies enabling the implementation of digital...
Improving Worker Safety with Automatic Tank Gauging
By Christoffer Widahl, Emerson Automation Solutions
Manual tank gauging at oil and gas extraction sites is a dangerous and potentially fatal...