PRODUCTS The latest news in Automation technology for professionals in the Automation industry
IDEAL Introduces NaviTEK II Network Tester
GO TO SUPPLIER'S WEBSITE
February 13, 2012 - IDEAL Industries Networks announced NaviTEK II, Ethernet Service and Cable Testers. Today's complex networks require a modern LAN and Cable Tester to enable frontline technicians to validate, troubleshoot and resolve challenges that cause slow network performance and downtime. NaviTEK II includes IPv6, PoE+, VLANs, Trace Route and advanced color LCD screen to view pin by pin wiremap capabilities that are standard in modern network deployments.
Engineered for rapid deployment with a minimal learning curve, the NaviTEK II features a simplified user-interface that allows even inexperienced technicians to get their networks back up and running fast. One reason is its large LCD: the NaviTEK II has a 3.5-inch color LCD with large fonts and an on-screen keyboard to speed data entry of IP addresses and customer information. Steering through the tester's full capabilities poses no challenge thanks to its 5-way navigation buttons used for data input, along with an intuitive set of icons. Another key to its time-saving design is the ability to test both cabling and network performance using the same RJ45 interface, eliminating the need to disconnect the cable from the unit to switch between cable and network tests.
Over the past two years, IPv6 (Internet Protocol Version 6) has gained momentum, especially in government and military networks. Both IPv6 and IPv4 can be tested using an IP Ping to measure response of DHCP and to assure end-to-end connectivity. In addition, NaviTEK II has Trace Route to map network connections and a Netscan mode that auto-discovers IPv6 and IPv4 network nodes.
NaviTEK II also supports VLANs (4096 with priority) commonly deployed to address scalability, security, and network management. The tester can be used to verify the correct transmission and prioritization of Ethernet traffic with a specific VLAN ID and priority setting, saving the technician the expense of buying a separate VLAN tester.
In addition to validating that circuits can accurately pass data or IP traffic, the NaviTEK II will check the availability and capability of PoE and higher power PoE+ sources in real time, including telling the technician the source voltage, current and supported PoE/PoE+ standards. Devices such as 802.11n wireless access points, IP phones with color screens and many newer network powered devices utilize PoE+.
Errors in cable and fiber connections account for 80-90% of network problems. The NaviTEK II has a full suite of capabilities, from advanced pin-by-pin wiremap and distance to fault measuring to built-in toning and a Smart Remote for more accurate results, all to assure confident identification, troubleshooting and resolution of virtually any cable-related problem.
NaviTEK II delves deeper into the network to expedite troubleshooting. In addition to link/MAC and VLAN, it gives the technician detailed error counts for collisions, FCS, under- and over-size, jabbers and bad lengths, providing greater insight into problems. It also is helpful in validating the performance of specific network applications.
The NaviTEK II will store a maximum of 250 tests plus allows the technician to organize tests into five unique job folders. This large storage memory and job folder system helps organize results for multiple jobs without having to offload the information onto a hard drive, therefore assisting the technician in being more efficient and better prepared for reporting.
- AutomationDirect introduces SureGear PGCN stepper gearboxes
- Measurement Computing announces USB-2020 DAQ board
- Los Gatos Research announces Natural Gas Leak Detection system
- Balluff releases RFID data carrier
- Harting takes connectors outdoors
- Igus folds up R68 cable carrier
- American Midstream installs FLOWCAL software
- PROFI Network Updates from the General Assembly Meeting
- Fieldbus Foundation updates Foundation Fieldbus Technical Specifications
- ener.CON Europe 2014
- Developers of Dream Report come out of hiding
- Process Control & Industrial Automation
- COPA-DATA researches bridging geoinformation and process data
- Lantronix Announces M2M Design Contest
- GE will resell PTC Manufacturing Process Management software
- Industrial Ethernet growing in China
- ISA-100 wireless standard receives resounding approval in IEC technical voting
- Technology convergence presents evolving workforce development challenges in combating cyberthreats