PRODUCTS The latest news in Automation technology for professionals in the Automation industry
Parker enhances InteractX 3.0 HMI
GO TO SUPPLIER'S WEBSITE
Parker-CTC designed InteractX to take full advantage of the distributed HMI architecture used by the companys Xpress HMI software, which allows applications to be developed, edited, published and run in an HMI that acts as a web server. InteractX leverages existing Xpress screens and data so that it can be pushed directly to the supervisory level without having to recreate applications or input tags. This provides a seamless transition to supervision and monitoring of data trends from multiple sources. Complemented by a new recipe-management tool and intuitive design features, InteractX makes it easy to manage and monitor machine-level activities from a central Parker-CTC PowerStation or third-party workstation.
The software also features fully rendered and scalable graphics; intuitive, object-style development tools; 60+ standard communications drivers; real-time data acquisition; complete tag editing; recipe management; integrated VBA and Active X tools; multi-language support and E-Sigs for FDA 21CFR11 compliance. InteractX runs on Windows/2000/XP operating systems and is installed/licensed on Parker-CTC HPX and EPX PowerStations. These workstations run InteractX and other fully-functioning Windows applications, on their standard CompactFlash drives, potentially making a hard drive unnecessary. HPX and EPX PowerStations offer a bundled solution for users who want higher Windows functionality along with a choice of 10, 12, 15 or 17 high-resolution touchscreen displays.
Unique among Windows HMI developers, Parker-CTC offers InteractX bundled into hardware/software solutions, specifically engineered for industrial applications.
By far, the largest cost associated with moving from standalone, machine-level operation to supervisory HMI has typically come from the time it takes to develop special applications for the supervisory software, says Andy Balderson, Parker-CTC Product Manager. With InteractX and Xpress, our customers will be able to easily upgrade from standalone machine HMI to supervisory HMI without complex systems integration." InteractX offers unlimited tags with no preset limits on pens or logs.
According to Balderson, InteractX provides customers with the full functionality needed to create a robust supervisory HMI application and is scalable to a whole range applications.
About Parker Electromechanical Automation
A division of Parker Hannifin Corporation's Automation Group since 1987, Electromechanical Automation is a pioneer, developer and manufacturer of full-spectrum computer-based motion controllers, servo/step motor drives, servo motors and human-machine interfaces, positioning systems, gearheads and gear motors. These products automate the manufacturing of a significant fraction of the worlds goods and services. Electromechanical Automation products are sold via independent authorized Automation Technology Centers a group of nearly 100 professional, highly trained organizations with more than 135 points-of-presence throughout the world or directly from Electromechanical Automation by logging on to buy.compumotor.com.
About Parker Hannifin
With annual sales exceeding $12 billion, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company employs approximately 62,000 people in 48 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 52 consecutive years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
Back to top
- Schneider shrinks Lexium MDrive motors
- ConTech announces TMX 50-Watt DC/DC Converter
- Aerotech announces Npaq 6U motor power drive
- Spectrum enhances WiBox CNC machine communication device
- DFI announces HD630-H81 ATX embedded motherboard
- PAC Releases IRIS Lab Instrument Integration Software
- Zero-Max's New CD® Coupling Sizing & Selection Software Has 3D CAD Models.
- GiveMePower First CAD Software Vendor To Become Microsoft Windows Embedded Partner
- Rockwell Automation Enhances Industrial Automation Prodess With 2D And 3D CAD Software From Givemepower
- Next frontier: Operator-automation relationship
- ASCON announces Machinator mobile game application
- Drive up to Four Independent Full HD Displays from a Single CPU Module
- Smart Panel Technology: Intelligent Control Solutions Offer Both Flexibility and Reliability
- Sleepless in Software City
- Invensys to supply SimSci Optimization to SK innovation
- MAC Solutions buys ProcessVue Alarm Management
- Rockwell Releases FactoryTalk VantagePoint App
- Transmode updates eCAD software