PRODUCTS The latest news in Automation technology for professionals in the Automation industry
Schneider Electric upgrades Vijeo HMI software
GO TO SUPPLIER'S WEBSITE
Vijeo Designer V4.5 software features a Web Gate remote access function, offering users the flexibility to manage their HMI applications in complete security via a simple Internet navigator using Ethernet architecture, said Donna Smalls, HMI/SCADA product manager, Schneider Electric North America. Users easily can exchange up to 300 variables between eight Magelis XBT-GT touch screens and iPC terminals in complete security using an Ethernet connection. The software now also can be used with the protocols Modbus Plus TCP/IP and Uni-Telway, providing even more communication options.
Along with its flexibility and open architecture, the new Telemecanique Vijeo Designer V4.5 software provides multimedia functions, allowing users to view real-time or recorded video. It can encode or decode sequences with recording on demand in Moving Picture Experts Group (MPEG) format on a Magelis XBT-GT touch screen, or in Audio Video Interleave (AVI) format on an iPC. The software also allows simultaneous viewing of recorded and real-time sequences, and optimizes the display for local or remote control of installations whether using a Magelis XBT-GT or iPC terminal.
Schneider Electric Services offers a migration path from previous Magelis products to the XBT-GT touch screen or iPC terminals through its Switch2Vijeo Designer conversion service.
Headquartered in Palatine, Ill., the North American Operating Division of Schneider Electric had sales of $3.7 billion (U.S.) in 2006. The North American Operating Division is one of four operating divisions of Schneider Electric, headquartered in Paris, France, and markets the Square D, Telemecanique and Merlin Gerin brand products to customers in the United States, Canada and Mexico. In the United States, Schneider Electric is best known by its flagship Square D brand, with Telemecanique becoming increasingly known in the industrial control and automation markets and supported by many Square D distributors. For more than 100 years, Square D has been a market-leading brand of electrical distribution and industrial control products, systems and services. Schneider Electric is a global electrical industry leader with 2006 sales of approximately $17.2 billion (U.S.).
- ICP DAS introduces PFN-2060 Profinet remote I/O Module
- Metso introduces SDO sludge dewatering control
- Servo2Go introduces ElectroCraft EXC-Series AC Servo Motors
- PANalytical Announces ASD TerraSpec Halo mineral identifier
- Tecsis LP announces Model LPI inclination sensor
- Kooltronic announces SlimKool cabinet air conditioners
- Next frontier: Operator-automation relationship
- Drive up to Four Independent Full HD Displays from a Single CPU Module
- Smart Panel Technology: Intelligent Control Solutions Offer Both Flexibility and Reliability
- Sleepless in Software City
- MAC Solutions buys ProcessVue Alarm Management
- Rockwell Releases FactoryTalk VantagePoint App
- Windows XP in automation – time for action
- Matrox announces free MuraControl App
- Building An HMI That Works: Best Practices For Operator Interface Design
- Human Machine Interface Systems
- Improving performance, accuracy, and reliability in touch-screen based applications
- Data Access, Mobility: 'Open' for Business