PRODUCTS The latest news in Automation technology for professionals in the Automation industry
Schneider introduces Altistart 01 soft start motor control
GO TO SUPPLIER'S WEBSITE
The Altistart 01 mini soft start limits stress on the mechanical parts of a machine and reduces the cost of maintenance and downtime by providing smooth motor starting and stopping control for applications that are not high horsepower and do not require high starting torque, said Tim Roberts, controls product manager, Schneider Electric North America.
Installation of Altistart 01 mini soft starts is quick and simple with the option of DIN rail or panel mounting, a contactor-style power wiring scheme, and a removable control wiring terminal. Side-by-side mounting can save up to 25 percent of valuable panel space. The mini soft start can be used to add the benefits of soft starting to any existing motor starter and is ideal for retrofit applications and other common uses, such as material handling conveyors, belt-driven machinery, fans, pumps, automatic doors and gates, small compressors and process machinery.
The Altistart 01 mini soft start offers an affordable alternative to variable speed drives as its modular design means lower costs for customers due to reduced installation time and materials, as well as lower energy costs, Roberts said.
The Altistart 01 mini soft start family consists of three performance levels, including:
Headquartered in Palatine, Ill., the North American Operating Division of Schneider Electric had sales of $3.7 billion (U.S.) in 2006. The North American Operating Division is one of four operating divisions of Schneider Electric, headquartered in Paris, France, and markets the Square D, Telemecanique and Merlin Gerin brand products to customers in the United States, Canada and Mexico. In the United States, Schneider Electric is best known by its flagship Square D brand, with Telemecanique becoming increasingly known in the industrial control and automation markets and supported by many Square D distributors. For more than 100 years, Square D has been a market-leading brand of electrical distribution and industrial control products, systems and services. Schneider Electric is a global electrical industry leader with 2006 sales of approximately $17.2 billion (U.S.).
- Tecsis LP announces Model LPI inclination sensor
- Kooltronic announces SlimKool cabinet air conditioners
- ABB robots add real‐time tactile feedback
- Cognex updates In-Sight Software
- Cyber Sciences announces SER-2408 CyTime Event Recorder
- IBASE introduces CMI211-250-956 Mini-ITX chassis
- 2014 Automation Trends for material handling, logistics and machine tools
- Exlar joins Rockwell Automation's Encompass Partner program
- Integrated automation controls rail straightening machine
- The Changing Face of Industrial Automation
- 2 Trends Impacting Motion Controls
- ABB to supply mill drives to copper-cobalt mine in the Congo
- Aerotech ships $1 Billion in motion control products
- Increase motor reliability by monitoring and reducing operating temperature
- Motion Control Shipments Down 5.4% in 2013
- ABB commissions mill drives at Detour Lake gold mine in Canada
- Rockwell Automation to Acquire Jacobs Automation
- TekSo announces Motor Controls and PLC Training Programs