Siemens Releases BMS Burner Management Systems
March 13, 2012 -- Siemens Industry introduces two Simatic Burner Management Systems (BMS) giving end users greater flexibility to cost-effectively comply with revised 2011 burner standards.
Designed with TUV certified hardware and customizable software, the compact BMS300F and BMS 151F systems comply with NFPA, IEC, and ANSI/ISA standards for single or dual fuel applications with single or multiple burners. The models are also capable of meeting up to SIL 3 with appropriate field devices.
The BMS models are designed in accordance with the technical requirements listed in both NFPA 85 and 86 standards for programmable logic solvers (section 4.11 of NFPA 85 and section 8.3 of NFPA 86). All critical BMS functions are managed via IEC 61508 compliant components up to SIL 3, thereby ensuring safety metrics are met. These systems are also compliant with ISA S84.00.01-2004 and IEC 61511. An optional TUV certified burner blocks library is also available.
“The new BMS models are designed for a broad range of burner applications with consistent design and engineering,” says John D’Silva, Siemens safety marketing manager. “They are ideal for a wide range of fuel burning equipment applications, including furnaces, boilers, ovens and dryers. There is no need for extra hardware or logic to improve safety and all operational and diagnostic information is displayed on the HMI.”
Siemens Industry Sector is the world’s leading supplier of innovative and environmentally friendly products, solutions and services for industrial customers. With end-to-end automation technology and industrial software, solid vertical-market expertise, and technology-based services, the sector enhances its customers’ productivity, efficiency and flexibility. With a global workforce of more than 100,000 employees, the Industry Sector comprises the Industry Automation, Drive Technologies and Customer Services Divisions as well as the Metals Technologies Business Unit.
- Yokogawa Introduces FG400 Arbitrary/Function Generators
- ORing releases Ethernet Switches with backup
- Advanticsys introduces DM-124 Wireless Modbus Bridge
- Gassonic announces Observer-i Ultrasonic Gas Leak Detector
- Honeywell introduces TBP Series Pressure Switches
- EPRI and Luminant Collaborate to Create Common Understanding of Cybersecurity Requirements
- Gas-fired – the five biggest natural gas power plants in the world
- Industry Leaders, Experts Testify on How to Keep the Lights On
- Information-rich design for large-screen displays
- Valves & Actuators: The Path to Greater Efficiency & Performance