Teledyne DALSA Enhances Spyder3 Cameras
September 15, 2011 - Teledyne DALSA announced optimized performance and improved functionality of its Spyder3 Camera Link and GigE Vision-compliant dual line scan cameras.
Originally launched in 2006, the Spyder3 has a proven track record of performance, and is ideal for OEMs and systems integrators looking for a competitive advantage. The Spyder3 provides outstanding signal to noise ratio using Teledyne DALSA's patented dual line scan sensor technology.
Improvements in detail:
- Spyder3 cameras are now more robust than ever and can function better in extreme environments, including cotton and food inspection; maximum operating temperature has increased from 50°C to 65°C.
- Improved graphical user interface for better ease of use and intuitive camera set-up (exposure times, trigger modes, setting gains) resulting in a superior out-of-box experience.
- Spyder3 is now supported by Sapera Vision Software; Sapera Vision Software offers a common development environment for Teledyne DALSA's full line of cameras and frame grabbers as well as hundreds of third party camera models; Sapera Vision Software is updatable and offers comprehensive application specific tools.
Other key features and benefits include:
- 1k, 2k, and 4k resolutions, 100% fill factor
- Broadband responsivity up to 408 DN /(nJ/cm2) @ 10 dB gain
- Gigabit Ethernet models: Less than 1% CPU usage
- Camera Link models available
- Line rates up to 68 kHz
- Selectable high or low sensitivity mode
- Fully programmable gain, offset
- Flat field correction
ADLINK helps PCI Manufacturers Group release COM Express version 3.0 with Type 7 pinout
Customer applications benefitting from the Type 7 pinout include space-constrained systems in industrial automation and data communication, such as...
Dematic introduces Modular Sort System
This solution is engineered to provide sorting performance to many applications: sort-to-pallet build, shipping doors, shipping containers or...
IBASE announces BYTEM-123-PC and BYTEM-103-PC panel PCs
The BYTEM-123-PC and the BYTEM-103-PC are both based on the quad-core Intel Atom processor E3845 and EN50155, certified for railway applications.
AutomationDirect announces 8mm, 12mm, 18mm M-Series DC proximity sensors
With 10 models available, the magnetic sensors feature stainless steel shielded housings, are offered as NPN or PNP models with normally-open or...
Alliance Sensors Group introduces LR-19 position sensors with LVIT technology
The LR-19 is designed for factory automation and a variety of industrial or commercial applications such as motor sport vehicles, automotive...
ams announces acquisition of MAZeT vision sensing company
The strategic acquisition extends ams’ market leadership in advanced optical sensors and strengthens ams’ position in emerging optical sensing...
Automation Fair 2016
Attend industry forums, hands-on labs, and technical sessions to expand your knowledge and use of the latest control, power and information...
Industrial Automation North America at IMTS
Featuring the cutting-edge in factory, process, and building automation, this event has established itself as the place to see the automation...
VDMA Machine Vision and OPC Foundation to prepare OPC UA Machine Vision Specification
VDMA Machine Vision and the OPC Foundation signed a Memorandum of Understanding on the preparation of an OPC UA Machine Vision Companion...
Hexapod & Drone: Industrial & research applications for motion simulation
Available in a variety of sizes with bases ranging from 100mm to 1m, different stiffness configurations, and supportive of loads from 2 kg to...