Senior Programmer Analyst - 10581
- Modesto, California
- G3 Enterprises
- JOB FUNCTION:
- Information Technology
- Bachelor Degree
- CONTACT PHONE:
How to Apply
Please complete the entire online application along with any prescreening questions that pertain to this opportunity. Incomplete applications will not be considered. All applications must be received online. Please visit our website at www.g3enterprises.com or copy and paste the following web link into your browser window: http://hrsjobs.gallo.com/psp/ert/EJGAPP/PSFT_HR/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&Action=A&JobOpeningId=10590&SiteId=2&PostingSeq=1
About Us - G3
Headquartered in Modesto, CA, G3 Enterprises has been supplying the wine and spirits industry for over 50 years. As a single source packaging solution, its products and services include labels, stock and custom closures, warehousing, transportation, bottle etching, and mobile bottling.
The key to the success of G3 is our people. We offer our team a chance to grow, with a competitive rewards package, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, and a generous retirement plan.
Solves organizational information problems by gathering requirements and designing, developing, testing and documenting software solutions. Works independently and as a member of a team to develop software and systems tailored to support business needs in manufacturing, logistics, finance, and supply chain.
• Supports the accomplishment of business objectives by studying business functions, gathering relevant information, evaluating and documenting business requirements.
• Designs and implements software systems based on requirements; designs and implements interfaces between systems; constructs workflow charts and diagrams; studies system capabilities; writes specifications; writes software code.
• Codes, tests, debugs, documents, provides training, installs, and maintains software.
• Improves existing systems or processes by assessing the current state and recommending and implementing feasible alternative solutions.
• Modifies and configures purchased software based on user requirements; can articulate the capabilities and limitations of purchased software solutions.
• Lead projects; monitors the work of internal and external IT professionals.
• Participates in code reviews; provides feedback to all levels of the organization on code quality.
• Prepares technical reports and instructional manuals.
• Prepares project-phase plans and implementation schedules, plans and conducts meetings and workshops relative to these project plans, and communicates project status reporting to IT management.
• Ensures that projects remain on track by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports and recommending actions.
• Applies current technology or researches and acquires new technical knowledge to complete moderate to complex projects.
• Participates in department and interdepartmental project teams and may work cross-functionally to improve processes within the organization.
• Acts as a liaison with users and management.
• Conducts or coordinates quality assurance testing when needed.
• Provides on-call support during off-hours when needed.
• Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
• Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
• This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, Science or Engineering plus three (3) years of programming analysis experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; or Master’s Degree plus one (1) year of programming analysis experience; or seven (7) years of experience as a programmer analyst reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Computer skill requirements include: basic MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, intermediate MS Excel and Structured Query Language (SQL).
• Experience in at least one modern programming language (Java, .Net, etc.)
• Required to provide on-call support when necessary.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, Science or Engineering plus five (5) years of experience in programming analysis, software engineering or software development reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Business Administration
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrates programming proficiency in one or more of the following areas:
• Object Oriented Programming (Java, .Net)
• SQL (MSSQL, Oracle, DB2 AS400)
• Stored Procedures (T-SQL, PL-SQL)
• Experience with a variety of systems architectures including, Client-Server, Web-based, Service Oriented.
• Knowledge of relational database design fundamentals.
• Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning Systems (ERP), Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), SCADA Systems.
• Experience with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), OPC Servers and other Manufacturing Information Technologies.
• Experience with TCP/IP networks.
• Experience reading, analyzing and interpreting general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Experience writing reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Experience effectively presenting information and responding to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
• Skilled in applying advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Skilled in applying mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory and factor analysis.
• Experience defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions. Experience interpreting an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Experience performing tasks that are varied and may be somewhat difficult in character, usually involving limited responsibility, requiring frequent evaluation, originality or ingenuity.
• Demonstrates strong initiative, self-motivation, and commitment to the job.
• Experience resolving conflict as well as managing customer expectations.
• Experience completing assignments that are broad in nature, usually requiring originality and ingenuity. Has latitude for unreviewed action or decision.
• Knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures in this field of specialization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Subscribe to receive job alerts for open positions
- Keep your profile up to date to quickly apply
- Upload your resume to send to employers