Saleem has more than 20 years of experience working with leading companies in the semiconductor industry. Most recently, he was vice president of engineering and business development at Fujikin of America, and a member of their board of directors.
The Chennai, India production plant covers 1,200 square metres, accommodating the production of housings, extruded cables and cable harnesses.
Industrial Ethernet now accounts for 46% of the market (38 last year). Wireless technologies are also coming on strong, now at 6% (4) market share. Combined, industrial Ethernet and Wireless now account for 52% of the market, while fieldbuses are at 48%.
- Posted in:
- Related Portals:
- Advancing Automation using IIoT and Industry 4.0 Concepts, Industrial Networks, Wireless Networks
The technology ranges from a 3-D dimensioning system that automatically captures the volume of parcels to connected solutions that boost the productivity of workers in brick-and-mortar retail stores.
The C3 ROI Tool is a free online analysis tool to help business determine dock appointment scheduling cost savings opportunities.
EUnited Robotics urges all stakeholders to use the terms “robot” and “robotics” with greater precision rather than applying them to a wide range of artificial intelligence and software technologies.
- Posted in:
- Related Portals:
- Advancing Automation using IIoT and Industry 4.0 Concepts, Robots & Robot Controllers
In this position, Rowell is responsible for overseeing Nook’s leadership initiatives, driving operational strategy and supporting employee development.
The integration between SiliconExpert and Omnify Empower PLM supplies detailed part information to users when creating new, corporate parts/part numbers within Empower.
Patrick J. Gouhin, speaking at a Bloomberg LIVE conference in Houston, Texas on the future of cybersecurity in the US oil and gas sector, urged energy executives to take action now to protect their facilities and operations from cyberattack.
What happens when a machine fails or a customer changes its order? Production has to be re-configured, which is time-consuming and expensive. What if there was a better way?
Control Station is one of a select group of software technology companies to join OSIsoft’s Partner EcoSphere. The Partner EcoSphere engages technology and service firms in the creation of value through real-time data collection and analytics.
The declared aim of the 26-month project is to advance the development of products and technologies enabling the implementation of digital industrial production.
The OTTO self-driving vehicle will be used to sequentially load and deliver tires lineside. The solution will integrate with additional appliances for automatic unstacking onto conveyors. Tires will then move to team members on the line for final assembly.
InfinityQS found in its recent survey of 260 manufacturers that 75% of respondents are still manually collecting data. 47% of those rely on pencil and paper.
The effort is designed to give high school and technical school graduates a basic-to-advanced machine tool knowledge that will benefit them in future careers as CNC (Computer Numerical Control) machinists.
The agreement comprises the jointly developed H-system termination boards and associated modules from Pepperl+Fuchs, which are connected through pre-assembled system cables to the connector boards of the HIMax family.
According to the results of the VDMA incoming order and turnover statistics, the European machine vision industry grew by 10 percent in 2016 in comparison with the previous year.
The Bangkok-based operation will provide a range of engineering services, including switchboard supply and fabrication, to the country’s sugar mill, starch, automotive tyre, and food and beverage manufacturers, as well as utility suppliers.
This joint development agreement is intended to help customers minimize unplanned shutdowns, maximize output, minimize safety risk and optimize supply chain strategies.
As one of the world’s biggest copper ore operations, the Chilean mining company Compañía Minera Doña Inés de Collahuasi SCM based in Las Condes/Chile commissioned Siemens to modernize the drive system of four of its ore mills.