Engineer, Application Senior (Northville, MI) - 10572
- Northville, Michigan
- Mitsubishi Electric Automation
- JOB FUNCTION:
- Application Engineering
- Bachelor Degree
- CONTACT NAME:
- Human Resources
Mitsubishi Electric Automation, Inc., (MEAU) is seeking a Senior Application Engineer to execute engineering tasks and lead development activities when required to complete projects in the Engineering Group.
Office: Northville, Michigan (Travel is required - Up to 30% Domestic and International)
Position Duties and Responsibilities
The tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrating technical expertise in project execution
- Developing solutions that satisfy Americas markets requirements
- Executing engineering projects effectively and efficiently to meet project timing and budget requirements
- Supporting customer projects on site when required
- Conducting technology transfer classes and workshops
- Working with Third Party Collaboration partners to enhance total solution capabilities (vision, sensing, motion, networking, software, etc.)
- Collaborating with NADC (North American Development Center) to communicate the North American market technical requirements for hardware and software products
- Interacting with MELCO development resources on joint projects when required
Execute development activities to project plan;
Develop product migration / conversion solutions and strategy
Provide technical support to customers, projects, and MEAU personnel on Mitsubishi products and solutions
Implement technical projects at customer site
Provide engineering design services when required
Develop and maintain technical documents on MEAU products and solutions
Investigate new technologies and solutions to help expand MEAU customer base and satisfy MEAU strategic plan;
Research competitive technologies in order to develop alternative technical solutions;
Provide technical training and educate other MEAU engineers on new technologies and solutions developed;
Develop integrated solutions with MEAU strategic partners and competitor products when required;
Conduct product and application testing / simulation;
Providing technical support to MEAU customer projects when necessary
Work with Marketing and Sales organizations to gather market requirements and identify technical gaps and propose new project activities;
Represent MEAU and participate in key industry organization technical committees when required;
Perform other job functions as assigned
Up to 30% travel is required – Domestic and International
Essential Education, Skills and Experience
- BS or higher degree in Electrical, Industrial, or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of experience in engineering development and application development of complex computer or PLC-based industrial automation systems.
- Strong experience in PLC software development using Ladder Logic and other IEC-61131 programming languages is required.
- Experience with high-level language programming is beneficial.
- Experience specifying factory automation solutions in Automotive and/or other vertical markets.
- Ability to work with a team of engineers and make technical decisions
- Clear understanding of the system cost ramifications of design trade-offs, component selection, manufacturing techniques, design techniques, and test and qualification procedures.
- Excellent written & verbal communications skills.
Beneficial Education, Skills and Experience
Strong background in PLCs, VFDs, HMIs, Motion Control and networking
Knowledge and experience in process control and IEC 1131 programming standards
Some experience with PC hardware and software required with specific experience in industrial applications
Proficiency in MS, SQL and MS Project
C++ and Visual Basic programming knowledge
Ability to discuss customer application requirements on phone or in person
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We offer a business casual environment with an excellent benefits and compensation package including 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
For more information about our Company, please visit us at www.meau.com
- Subscribe to receive job alerts for open positions
- Keep your profile up to date to quickly apply
- Upload your resume to send to employers