Engineer, Electrical II (CNC) - 10588
- Vernon Hills, Illinois
- Mitsubishi Electric Automation
- JOB FUNCTION:
- Engineering (Other)
- Bachelor Degree
Mitsubishi Electric Automation, Inc. (MEAU) is seeking an Electrical Engineer II to design and support CNC Machine Tool Cabinet from customer supplied specifications. Work with Senior Engineer and Engineering Manager to develop a complete control package design to support MEAU manufacturing and to meet the customers’ needs and requirements.
Location: Chicago - Northern Suburbs (Vernon Hills, IL)
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
Review and verify customer specifications (Schematic & Cable drawings, Electrical Component Lists, etc.). Create an assembly drawing package based on customer specification to assist Prototype and assembly in manufacturing the control cabinets.
Use AutoCAD to create Point Wiring and Cable drawings.
Utilize DMS to maintain cable drawings on the website.
Support Senior Engineer to create Bill of Materials and assembly drawings.
Support Engineering Manager to create quotations based on customer specifications
Create Engineering Change Notice (ECN) to support customer design change requests.
Use MS Word to write the ECN
Create Material Master, BOM & Change Master in SAP
Prepare and create complete system BOM in SAP.
Support and maintain Engineering Dept ISO9000 as an Action or Documentation Control Team member.
Evaluate electrical and cable components to find alternate designs to achieve targeted cost reduction.
Perform other job functions as assigned.
Minimum travel to customer sites for Prototype Power up evaluation, as needed.
Essential Education, Skills and Education:
- BSEE or BSEET degree plus 3 to 8 years of Electrical Engineering design experience
- Be able to read schematic drawings and translate to point wirings
- Be able to operate AutoCAD software
- Be able to interpret various UL standards, especially UL508A
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate with and maintain effective relationships with customers and vendors
- Team work orientation
- Computer proficiency – knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access).
- Attention to details is required.
Beneficial Education, Skills and Experience:
- Experience in Power Distribution preferred
- Knowledge in NEC code a plus
- Experience in SAP a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We offer a business casual environment with an excellebt benefits and compensation package including 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
For more information about our Company, please visit us at www.meau.com
- Subscribe to receive job alerts for open positions
- Keep your profile up to date to quickly apply
- Upload your resume to send to employers