Project Manager - 10582
- Fort Mill, South Carolina
- Lord & Company, Inc.
- JOB FUNCTION:
- Project Management
- Associates Degree,Bachelor Degree
Lord & Company, Inc. – Fort Mill, South Carolina (Charlotte, North Carolina Area)
Candidates without experience in Industrial Automation or Industrial Process Control need not apply
Lord & Company, Inc. is seeking a highly skilled and motivated full time project manager
The project manager is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of projects while ensuring consistency with company standards. This position requires the candidate to work on multiple projects so they must be very organized and accustomed to multi-tasking. Candidate must be creative, focused and willing to travel as needed to meet with clients, contractors and all stakeholders on each project.
Primary Job Duties :
· Lead the planning, implementation and execution of projects.
· Develop a Project Schedule using MS Project.
· Develop a Project Plan indicating deliverables for each stage.
· Allocation of resources.
· Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members.
· Manage project budget and resource allocations.
· Plan, schedule and manage project timelines.
· Track project milestones and deliverables using appropriate tools.
· Provide direction, leadership, mentoring and support to project team.
· Responsible for quality assurance & quality management.
· Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders.
· Implement and manage project changes.
· Perform evaluations and assessment of project results.
· Process monthly project reports for Management including approval of project invoices.
· Maintain organized project documentation.
· Oversee project procurement activities.
· Generate project closure reports & perform project close out activities.
Desired Skills & Experience :
· Critical thinking and problem solving skills
· Electrical Controls and Instrumentation
· Knowledge of UL-508A and UL698A standards
· Communication skills
· Influencing and leading
· Team work
· Conflict management
Required Qualifications :
· U.S. Citizen with valid driver’s license
· Minimum of two (2) year associates degree in electronics or project management. Four (4) year bachelor’s degree preferred
· Minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience in Industrial Automation Controls.
· Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
· knowledge of project management techniques and tools
· Proficient in project management software (MS Project 2003 required)
· Must be proficient in MS Excel , MS Word and MS Power Point
· Proficient in using computers and peripherals
· Good communications skills; Fluent in English Language – written & verbal
· Proven team oriented leadership abilities
· Proven ability to work in an environment requiring a high level of attention to detail
· Proven ability to juggle multiple activities & prioritize appropriately to meet deadlines
· Proven ability to interact with customers & peers relative to project execution activities
· Organized and able to develop/utilize templates and/or standards
· Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies
Desired Qualifications :
· Familiar with the PMI model, PMP certification.
· Ability to read and understand blueprints, electrical drawings, specifications, installation & operations manuals.
· Expert in using MS Excel, MS Word and MS Project.
· Familiar with using test instruments including voltmeter, ammeter and ohmmeter.
· Customer service oriented.
- Subscribe to receive job alerts for open positions
- Keep your profile up to date to quickly apply
- Upload your resume to send to employers