Magnetic Analysis expands to new plant

  • August 29, 2010
  • News
August 29, 2010 – Magnetic Analysis is relocating to a larger plant at 103 Fairview Park Drive in Elmsford, New York. The move is scheduled for early fall of 2010. “The new facility will provide an 80% increase in space, greatly expanding our ability to manufacture and assemble large inspection systems and demonstrate them for customers,” notes company President Joseph Vitulli. “This move is critical to our strategy of offering the highest quality test equipment to meet the growing demands for inspecting tube, bar, wire and other metal components throughout the world.” The company plans to move its employees from the Mount Vernon plant to Elmsford, where it will occupy approximately 47,000 square feet of space for its headquarters, research, engineering and manufacturing operations, with 26,000 square feet designated for production and assembly. The new location, 25 miles from midtown Manhattan, has easy access to Interstate 287 and other major highways in the New York/New Jersey/Connecticut area. It is also strategically located to facilitate shipment of large test systems through New York-area airports and seaports to domestic and overseas destinations. Founded in Long Island City, New York, in 1928 to develop nondestructive test equipment, Magnetic Analysis developed the first American-made system using electromagnetism to detect flaws in steel products without destroying or damaging the product under test. In 1934, the company introduced the first nondestructive tester to detect cracks in steel bars. Learn More

Did you enjoy this great article?

Check out our free e-newsletters to read more great articles..

Subscribe