- March 02, 2011
- Keithley Instruments
Keithley University is a series of tutorial webcasts that cover best practices for making even the most demanding measurements.
March 2, 2011 - Keithley Instruments, Inc.announces "Keithley University," a series of tutorial webcasts that cover best practices for making even the most demanding measurements. Access to Keithley University is available free at: http://www.keithley.com/promo/at/566. The web seminars available through Keithley University include:
- Understanding the Basics of Electrical Measurements Many people need to make electrical measurements but are not necessarily experts in measurement science. In this seminar, scientists or engineers who need to perform electrical measurements but who have little experience can learn how to go about choosing test equipment, designing a test system, or simply carrying out measurements using existing equipment.
- How to Get the Most from Your Low Current Measurement Instruments This seminar covers the basics of low current (from nanoamps to femtoamps) electrical measurements, including how to select the right current measurement instrument, practical ways to reduce current noise in measurement setups, and how to quantify subtle sources of error. These measurement best practices are important for applications in semiconductor material/device characterization, nanotechnology test and measurement, optoelectronic device characterization, and many more. Examples of applications requiring such sensitive measurements are presented, as is an overview of recent test equipment innovations.
- Tips, Tricks, and Traps of Semiconductor Capacitance-Voltage (C-V) Testing This seminar is designed to help laboratory engineers implement, troubleshoot, and verify C-V measurement systems. The seminar discusses the keys to getting good C-V measurement results. Topics include system setup and results from some extended C-V applications, such as high voltage C-V and quasistatic C-V.
- Tips, Tricks, and Traps in Ultra-Fast I-V Semiconductor Characterization Learn how to implement, troubleshoot, and verify pulsed I-V, transient I-V, and general-purpose Ultra-Fast I-V measurement systems. The seminar provides the keys to getting good measurements. Topics discussed include system setup, typical measurement limitations, and results from some actual devices.
- Hall Effect Measurements Fundamentals Those who attend this seminar will learn how Hall effect measurement systems are commonly used to determine semiconductor parameters, such as carrier mobility and carrier concentration, Hall coefficient, and conductivity and conductivity type.
About Keithley Instruments, Inc. With more than 60 years of measurement expertise, Keithley Instruments has become a world leader in advanced electrical test instruments and systems. Our customers are scientists and engineers in the worldwide electronics industry involved with advanced materials research, semiconductor device development and fabrication, and the production of end products such as portable wireless devices. The value we provide them is a combination of products for their critical measurement needs and a rich understanding of their applications to improve the quality of their products and reduce their cost of test. In 2010, Keithley Instruments joined Tektronix as part of its test and measurement portfolio.Learn More
Did you enjoy this great article?
Check out our free e-newsletters to read more great articles..Subscribe