- December 06, 2012
- Phoenix Contact
Classes on safety, security, surge protection, Ethernet, wireless and I/O run from February through April 2013.
December 6, 2012 – Phoenix Contact announces its schedule of training classes for the beginning of 2013. All classes combine theory with hands-on exercises to prepare students to apply the lessons learned in real-world situations.
Phoenix Contact hosts the following classes at its USA headquarters, 586 Fulling Mill Road, Middletown, PA 17057:
- Safety Technology (February 26 - 27): This class explains machine safety technology and standards with workshops for safety relays and controllers.
- Advance Network Security (February 28 - March 1): The class reviews basic routing concepts and different types of firewalls. It also includes an overview of VPN technology, mGuard application scenarios and hands-on labs.
- Surge is Simple (April 2 - 3): This class provides a technical compass for two different surge scenarios: increase awareness of the need for surge protection, and analyze the customer’s need and solve the surge problem.
- Motor Control (April 4 - 5): This class will discuss branch motor circuit components, code regulations, arc flash safety, sizing a motor and three-wire hold circuits.
- Ethernet (April 8 - 9): This class restates basic and advanced Ethernet concepts: assigning IP address, switch configuration, network topology, diagnostics and troubleshooting, configuring a firewall at layer 2 - 4 to protect a network and setting up simple routing and NAT.
- Wireless (April 10 - 11): This class explains wireless fundamentals, including unlicensed, ISM bands, spread spectrum, cellular, security, antennas; online selection tools; and an overview of VPN.
- Integration of I/O and Controllers (April 12): The class configures an entire EtherNet/IP network using all Phoenix Contact components and software tools. Tie together all the Ethernet and wireless concepts previously presented during this week’s training and propose Phoenix Contact alternatives to traditional EtherNet/IP control solutions.
About Phoenix Contact
Phoenix Contact develops and manufactures industrial electrical and electronic technology products that power, protect, connect and automate systems and equipment for a wide range of industries. Phoenix Contact GmbH & Co. KG, Blomberg, Germany, operates 50 international subsidiaries, including Phoenix Contact USA in Middletown, Pa.
Did you enjoy this great article?
Check out our free e-newsletters to read more great articles..Subscribe