- June 24, 2014
Free eBook combats cloud computing fiction with fact, and encourages quality and IT professionals to consider cloud-based tools as a solution for enabling supply chain-wide quality, efficiency and productivity.
June 24, 2014 – InfinityQS International published an eBook, “Cloud Mythbusters: Dispelling the Myths of Manufacturing in the Cloud.” In this eBook, InfinityQS experts combat cloud computing fiction with fact, and encourage quality and IT professionals to consider cloud-based tools as a solution for enabling supply chain-wide quality, efficiency and productivity. To download the eBook, visit: http://www.infinityqs.com/cloud-mythbusters-pr. Throughout “Cloud Mythbusters,” InfinityQS reveals truths to common misconceptions of using cloud-based technology in manufacturing, citing real-life examples along the way. Readers will learn:
- The cloud is not only for consumers, it can also help manufacturers standardize processes and automate data collection across an enterprise, while reducing the burden on IT.
- Cloud deployment is cost-effective and eliminates many of the expenses associated with on-premise solutions such as installation, recurring maintenance and infrastructure costs.
- Storing data on the cloud is more secure than on-site computing.
- The cloud provides the real-time visibility needed to identify and prevent inherent quality problems before they adversely affect the final product.
- Cloud-based technology strengthens supplier relationships by providing manufacturers and suppliers the opportunity to optimize productivity and reduce costs by monitoring the production process together.
Michael Lyle, president and CEO, InfinityQS, said, “Many manufacturers are hesitant to abandon their familiar IT systems and structures, but the truth is that cloud computing is here to stay. As we’ve seen firsthand, those who embrace the cloud are able to attain a new level of supply chain visibility, quality control, and ultimately, a greater competitive advantage in today’s marketplace. This eBook is intended to help manufacturers consider the cloud and evaluate whether if is a viable alternative to their organizations’ on-site systems.” InfinityQS ProFicient is a proven Manufacturing Intelligence platform powered by a robust, centralized SPC analytical software engine. ProFicient enables global manufacturers to proactively monitor, analyze and report on Manufacturing Intelligence to improve quality, decrease costs and make smarter business decisions. Its cloud-based deployment option, ProFicient on Demand, streamlines global data collection and analysis with a unified data repository. With cross-browser functionality, cloud-based quality systems are not dependent on individual systems or IT configurations, allowing increased ease of access for any facility around the world. About InfinityQS International, Inc. InfinityQS International, Inc. is the global authority on Manufacturing Intelligence and enterprise quality. The company’s Manufacturing Intelligence platform, ProFicient, delivers real-time visibility from the shop floor, across the enterprise and into the supply chain, allowing top manufacturers to take control of quality. Powered by a centralized statistical process control (SPC) analytical engine, ProFicient manufacturing quality software leverages Manufacturing Intelligence to help global manufacturers improve product quality, decrease costs, maintain compliance and make smarter, data-driven business decisions. Headquartered in Fairfax, Va., and founded in 1989, InfinityQS now services more than 40,000 active licenses with over 2,500 of the world’s top manufacturers including Kraft Foods, Ball Corporation, Boston Scientific, Graham Packaging and Medtronic.Learn More
Did you enjoy this great article?
Check out our free e-newsletters to read more great articles..Subscribe