- November 05, 2015
- FUTEK Advanced Sensor Technology, Inc.
Industrial robots make assembly lines more efficient and reliable. Paired with any full-bridge strain-gauge-based sensor, operators can use new IAA amplifiers to send clear, clean signals to logic controllers that govern the assembly line.
How it Works
- In order to automate an industrial robotic arm, control engineers will program a PLC to specify response triggers.
- In the above diagram, a full-bridge strain-gauge-based load and torque sensor resides within the claw of the robotic arm measuring torque and load of an object.
- The IAA Series amplifies a mV/V signal coming from the strain-gauge-based sensor.
- The output of the IAA amplifier will produce an accurate and low noise signal to the PLC to complete the feedback loop. (Because this application is utilizing a multiple channel sensor, the operations engineer will require one IAA amplifier per channel output.)
Did you enjoy this great article?
Check out our free e-newsletters to read more great articles..Subscribe