- May 06, 2015
Association plans to recognize those it sees taking active steps to raise the understanding of the role and business value of Manufacturing Enterprise Solutions.
May 6, 2015- MESA International today announced plans to launch a formal recognition program to build greater market awareness of individuals and businesses dedicated to its goal: educating the global marketplace on how and why to leverage modern Information Technologies in production operations. By doing so, MESA looks to engage more constituents in pursuit of a common goal and to help manufacturers, producers and solution providers find each other more easily and work together more effectively.
The program will center on an individual's or a business' commient to the association's objectives, as quantified in three ways, each required for recognition:
1. Active MESA membership or sponsorship.
2. Regular contribution - active in MESA activities, such as contributing to committees and working groups or attending online or regional events.
3. Practical proficiency - defined for individuals through the successful attainment of a Certificate of Competency from the MESA Global Education Program (GEP) and for businesses through the number of recognized individuals employed and by self-assessing annual solutions deployment success.
Marc Leroux, MESA Education Committee Chairman, is helping finalize the program for launch and commented on the program's fit in the marketplace, "What I like about this program is that it clearly identifies individuals and organizations that have not only invested in education on Manufacturing Operations Management, but are keeping their education current with their ongoing participation in MESA. It's been easy to say that people are experts in this field. Now we have a way to quantify this. Manufacturers I've spoken to are quite excited about the prospect of easily recognizing people they want assigned to projects."
Commenting on the program, Mike Yost, MESA President said, "We're very excited about the program, and I think the team is right to talk about it publicly at our Conference prior to the formal launch. The marketplace we serve (where Information Technologies intersect with Manufacturing) is very fragmented and has been for decades. This program gives us the chance to start recognizing those who are working together to unify our fragmented space."
MESA (Manufacturing Enterprise Solutions Association) International is a global, not-for-profit community of manufacturers, producers, industry leaders and solution providers who are focused on improving Operations Management capabilities through the effective application of Information Technologies, IT-based solutions and best practices. To accomplish this, we:
- Enable members to connect, contribute, cultivate understanding, and exchange strategies to drive operations excellence.
- Collect, share, and publish best practices and guidance to drive greater productivity and the overall profitability of the manufacturing enterprise.
- Educate the marketplace on manufacturing operations best practices through the MESA Global Education Program.
Did you enjoy this great article?
Check out our free e-newsletters to read more great articles..Subscribe