- August 13, 2015
- Okuma America Corporation
Sandvik Coromant‚Äôs machining calculator aids users in estimating optimal cut settings to increase efficiencies and reduce costs.
August 13, 2015 - Okuma adds Sandvik Coromant’s machining calculator to aid users in estimating optimal cut settings to increase efficiencies and reduce costs.
Sandvik Coromant’s machining calculator apps in the Okuma App Store support engineers, programmers and machinists by conveniently estimating machining and cost calculations when cutting parts. Users input production data to calculate and compare various machining parameters to find more productive, faster and inexpensive machining options.
Turning and Milling Calculator features:
- Material database to calculate Kc values, power and torque
- Option to turn off help texts for all input columns
- Provides estimated cutting data when all input values are unknown
- Available in 9 languages
Drilling and Tapping features:
- Includes hole size calculations for tapping and ISO tolerances for bore and shaft
- Calculate various tool, insert and machining component costs including an option for single input or compare mode
- Compatible with metric and inch measurements
Okuma’s App Store is a centralized, online marketplace for CNC machine tool apps and related content. Okuma’s open architecture control and Windows are fully integrated allowing for true customization to suit particular machining needs.
About Okuma America
Okuma America Corporation is the U.S.-based sales and service affiliate of Okuma Corporation, a world leader in CNC (computer numeric control) machine tools, founded in 1898 in Nagoya, Japan. The company is a single-source provider, with the CNC machine, drive, motors, encoders, and spindle all manufactured by Okuma. The company also designs their own CNC controls to integrate seamlessly with each machine tool’s functionality.Learn More
Did you enjoy this great article?
Check out our free e-newsletters to read more great articles..Subscribe