- February 02, 2016
This consulting practice concentrates on product performance issues for mitigating customer dissatisfaction, warranty problems, and product recalls resulting from the growing complexity of electronics and software intensive products.
February 2, 2016 - CIMdata announces the addition of the Quality & Reliability Engineering consulting practice. This consulting practice concentrates on a seamless flow of knowledge regarding product performance issues between quality and reliability engineering and systems engineering, for mitigating the potential for customer dissatisfaction, warranty problems, and product recalls resulting from the growing complexity of electronics and software intensive products.
To support this new practice, Peter Bilello, President of CIMdata, announces that Venkatesh "Venki" Agaram will lead the practice and will have the title of Director, Quality & Reliability Engineering Consulting Practice. "We are extremely pleased that Dr. Agaram will be leading this new practice, working alongside Donald Tolle (Director, Systems Engineering & Simulation Consulting Practice) and with other senior consultants to expand CIMdata's strategic management consulting capabilities," stated Mr. Bilello. "Venki has deep multi-disciplinary engineering knowledge, garnered over a decade of research in academia in Europe, and more than a decade of R&D, innovation, and safety regulatory experience at Chrysler. He has enriched his technical depth with business development and customer business transformation in the automotive industry by generating enterprise solution sales in the areas of ALM [application lifecycle management], systems engineering, closed loop quality, diagnostic knowledge management, IoT [Internet of Things], and predictive analytics."
"With the ever increasing application of Internet of Things, sensors, communication devices, and artificial intelligence, we are seeing a steady growth in connected and automated systems across all industries from automotive to consumer products. These systems employ complex analytics and software to enable sensor fusion, adaptive controls, remote condition monitoring, etc. Such systems demand care in developing their architectures, detailed designs, verification, and validation; producing a direct conflict with time-to-market and profitability," stated Dr. Agaram. He continued, "The intricacies of the information flows in such complex systems and systems-of-systems renders upfront design, taking into account failure modes and robustness, extremely difficult to achieve. Consequently, integrating quality and reliability solutions with systems engineering becomes critical. However, such integrated solutions are not readily available from software providers today, but they are earnestly needed."
CIMdata's Quality & Reliability Engineering consulting practice aims to work with industrial companies and software solution providers to fill the current gaps between systems engineering and reliability engineering. With this new consulting practice, CIMdata offers a portfolio of management consulting services for industrial organizations and software solution providers and their partners who offer quality and reliability engineering and/or systems engineering solutions. A few of these services and deliverables include:
- Defining and implementing organizational best practices for quality & reliability engineering seamlessly coupled with systems engineering within the context of enterprise PLM processes
- Assessing technology, process, and organizational maturity levels to identify how to best exploit advancements in solutions and strategies
- Providing practical technology implementation recommendations to industrial firms
- Pushing the broad adoption of quality & reliability engineering and systems engineering strategies beyond the traditional users in aerospace and automotive
- Providing thought leadership by supporting research that promotes the adoption and growth of best-in-class software applications
- Hosting workshops to facilitate education and collaboration between industrial companies and solution providers
- Developing and validating technology roadmaps with ROI benefit models for the deployment of new processes and technologies
- Providing strategic business reviews and planning including growth via merger and acquisitions
- Supporting solution marketing with market research of user requirements and gap analysis
CIMdata, a leading independent worldwide firm, provides strategic management consulting to maximize an enterprise's ability to design and deliver innovative products and services through the application of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions. Since its founding in 1983, CIMdata has delivered world-class knowledge, expertise, and best-practice methods on PLM solutions. These solutions incorporate both business processes and a wide-ranging set of PLM-enabling technologies.Learn More
Did you enjoy this great article?
Check out our free e-newsletters to read more great articles..Subscribe