- May 11, 2016
Non-contact sensors are sensors that detect position, speed, temperature, air quality and distance using non-contact technology. These sensors are solid-state electronic devices which generate electromagnetic field or beam to detect any disturbance in that particular field. Since stationary parts are used for sensing, less maintenance is required.
Non contact Sensors are devices that sense a characteristic feature of the environment like temperature, proximity and others without actually coming in contact with the medium. They are solid-state electronic devices that create an energy field or beam and react to a disturbance in that field. The measurement is done using photoelectric, inductive, capacitive or ultrasonic technologies. As the name suggests Non contact Sensors are never in physical contact with the measuring surface and this feature eliminates the possibility of any jams, wear and tear or damage to the sensor or the measuring surface. These sensors are also more durable, reliable and easy to use and install compared to Contact Sensors.
Non Contact Sensors Market Drivers:
· There has been a shift in demand from Contact Sensing technologies to Non contact Sensing Technologies in the Global Sensor Market.
· Even though the Non contact sensors are more expensive than Contact Sensors, the sheers number of advantages it provides over Contact Sensors makes them the preferred choice.
· Non contact sensors provide end users with high rate of accuracy in measurement, resistance to contamination and provide authentic results.
· Technological advancements are also making consumers seek more accurate, reliable and durable sensors.
Non Contact Sensors Market Segmentation:
The Non Contact Sensors Market is broadly classified into 3 types based on few factors like:
1. By Sensor Type: Temperature, Pressure, Proximity, Flow, Speed and Others.
2. By Industry Verticals: Industrial, Consumer Electronics, Automotive (with further sub segments), Defense and Others.
3. By Geography: Americas, Europe, APAC and ROW.
Non Contact Sensors Market Growth:
The Non Contact Sensors Market is estimated grow at 6.5% CAGR in the forecast period of 2013-2018 according to the Market Report by IndustryARC. It is also predicted that the Market Size will surpass $21 Billion by 2018. The Flow and Proximity Sensor types are predicted to be the fastest growing sensors in this market. The Temperature Sensor Market is also predicted to grow from $3.8 Billion in 2013 to $5.1 Billion in 2018. The Ultrasonic Non contact Sensor Technology is also extremely popular amongst consumers because it is easy to install and use.
Key Vendors of the Non Contact Sensors Market:
The report on the Non contact Sensors Market by IndustryARC provides a complete list of Key Players with their Product Portfolios, Financials, SWOT Analysis and other business prospects. Companies like Capacitec which deal with Measurement and Displacement Non contact Sensors are experimenting at an extensive level to make gaps thinner, making the sensors immune to higher temperatures and extreme environments.
More than 40 companies of the Non Contact Sensors Market are analyzed by IndustryARC and mentioned in this report. Few being:
· ABB Ltd.
· Ametek, Inc.
· APG, Inc.
· Bin Master Inc.
· Eaton Corp.
· Emerson Electric Co.
Get Sample Brochure @ http://industryarc.com/pdfdownload.php?id=59Learn More
Did you enjoy this great article?
Check out our free e-newsletters to read more great articles..Subscribe