- June 15, 2016
The 59th Power Industry Division (POWID) and Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) Symposium will be held 27-30 June 2016 in Charlotte, North Carolina USA.
June 15, 2016 – The International Society of Automation (ISA) today released the preliminary program for its 59th Power Industry Division (POWID) and Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) Symposium, to be held 27-30 June 2016 in Charlotte, North Carolina USA.
The preliminary program features more than 50 technical paper presentations along with expert speakers and a diverse range of panel discussions, tutorials, training courses, vendor exhibitions, and other value-packed activities. Attendees will meet face to face with the leading authorities and thought leaders at the pulse of change in the energy industry and gain the critical insights and perspectives needed to stay ahead in the rapidly evolving energy marketplace.
Sessions will address the key factors influencing:
- All forms of energy, including nuclear, fossil fuels, hydro and renewables
- Data security and demands for improved industrial cybersecurity
- Reliable, efficient power generation and delivery
- Advanced technologies and emerging applications
Each year, ISA’s POWID Symposium is viewed as the “can’t-miss” event for learning about the latest innovations in instrumentation, controls and automation systems; staying informed of vital regulatory requirements and updates; and networking with a wide range of power generation professionals.
ISA is once again partnering with the EPRI—a premier research and development organization focusing on the challenges in the generation, delivery and use of electricity—to conduct this high-profile event. With robust energy-related research, development and engineering operations, and more than 260 companies tied to the energy sector, the city of Charlotte is a fitting venue.
Highlights on the agenda include:
- Addresses by three noted industry experts: Ramesh (Rudy) Shankar, Ph.D., MBA, Professor at the Energy Production Infrastructure Center (EPIC) at the University of North Carolina Charlotte; Robert Romanosky, Ph.D., Advanced Research Technology Manager at the National Energy Technology Laboratory within the US Department of Energy; and Randy Bickford, President of Expert Microsystems, Inc.
- Three expert-led ISA training courses (all to be conducted on Friday, 1 July): Introduction to Boiler Control Systems (ES15C); Introduction to Industrial Automation Security and the ISA/IEC 62443 Standards (IC32C); and An Introduction to Safety Instrumented Systems (EC50C).
- A Vendor Exhibition showcasing leading industry companies and information on their latest products, technologies and services. Corporate sponsors and exhibitors include: ABB, Beamex, Emerson Process Management, Honeywell, MissionSecure, Owl, Phoenix Contact, Rkneal, Schneider Electric and Ultra Electronics
Also on the agenda are ISA I&C Standards working group meetings, the EPRI I&C Interest Group Meeting, and the annual Honors and Awards Banquet.
Register today! To register and to gain all the details on the symposium, visit www.isa.org/powid2016. For more information or immediate assistance, email email@example.com or call +1 919-549-8411.
About ISA The International Society of Automation is a nonprofit professional association that sets the standard for those who apply engineering and technology to improve the management, safety, and cybersecurity of modern automation and control systems used across industry and critical infrastructure. Founded in 1945, ISA develops widely used global standards; certifies industry professionals; provides education and training; publishes books and technical articles; hosts conferences and exhibits; and provides networking and career development programs for its 36,000 members and 350,000 customers around the world.
Did you enjoy this great article?
Check out our free e-newsletters to read more great articles..Subscribe