- June 21, 2016
- Rockwell Automation
- Rockwell Automation
The Best Future Machine Award recognizes and rewards engineering innovation and machine design at interpack 2017. The prize will be flights and hotel accommodations to the Automation Fair event from Rockwell Automation, Nov. 15-16, 2017 in Houston.
June 21, 2016 — Rockwell Automation has revealed the selection committee and prize for the Best Future Machine Award. The award recognizes and rewards engineering innovation and machine design at interpack 2017. Machines and solutions that enter the award will come under the scrutiny of representatives from four leading, international end users and three major trade associations.
The representing end users that will be a part of the selection committee include the following:
- Johnson & Johnson: Global pharmaceutical and consumer goods company
- Procter & Gamble: Multinational household, personal and family care company
- Kimberly Clark: U.S.-based personal goods company known for leading, paper-goods brands
- Nestlé: World’s largest food company
The trade associations judging alongside the end users will be as follows:
- UCIMA (Italian Packaging Machinery Manufacturers' Association): National trade association that represents and supports the Italian packing and packaging machinery manufacturers
- GEPPIA: French, food-industry equipment manufacturers association, representing over 400 companies in the processing, transformation, packaging and conditioning sectors
- PMMI (the Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies): Trade association made up of more than 700 member companies from the packaging, processing and packaging-related converting machinery industries
Any OEM with a machine at the interpack 2017 show that deploys Rockwell Automation products or solutions can enter. With the global end users and industry associations on the judging panel, entering the award will give entrants a unique opportunity to discuss their technology, innovative approach and future direction with some of the industry’s most influential people.
The winner will be announced on May 4, 2017 during a public award ceremony at the Rockwell Automation booth at interpack 2017. The prize will be flights and hotel accommodations to the Automation Fair event from Rockwell Automation, Nov. 15-16, 2017 at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston.
The Automation Fair event will give the winner and other visitors the ideal opportunity to discuss future, intelligent machine concepts that support The Connected Enterprise and the Industrial Internet of Things. They can also build new relationships with suppliers and end users from around the world. Comprised of industry forums, hands-on labs, technical sessions and access to over 170 exhibits, visitors can take advantage of automation expertise from Rockwell Automation and members of its PartnerNetwork program. The PartnerNetwork program is comprised of a collaborative team of leading suppliers, system integrators, and OEMs who work collaboratively to help solve manufacturing and automation challenges.
Nominations for the Best Future Machine Award need to be submitted by Oct. 31, 2016. The finalists will be shortlisted by the end of December 2016, after which the panel will judge the winners in each of the categories before deciding on an overall winner.
About Rockwell Automation
Rockwell Automation Inc., is a company dedicated to industrial automation and information, making its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wis., Rockwell Automation employs approximately 22,000 people serving customers in more than 80 countries.Learn More
Did you enjoy this great article?
Check out our free e-newsletters to read more great articles..Subscribe