- September 01, 2017
Many of us know well many Texans who are dealing with ravaging flood waters and displacement from their homes. We all want to aid our friends in the Houston area, so if you‚Äôre looking for ways to help, anywhere in the world, here are just a few of the charities that are currently focused on helping Houston heal from Harvey.
By Bill Lydon, Editor, Automation.com
Hurricane Harvey has been a disaster of major proportions for the Houston area and throughout Texas. With Houston serving as an unofficial hub of the industrial and process automation industry, many of us know well many Texans who are dealing with ravaging flood waters and displacement from their homes. The amount of water dropped on the Houston area is staggering. For example, rainfall from the storm reportedly peaked at 51.88 in at Cedar Bayou, just outside Houston. Overall estimates are that over 27 trillion gallons (27,000,000,000,000 ) of rain fell from Harvey.
We all want to aid our friends in the Houston area, so if you’re looking for ways to help, anywhere in the world, here are just a few of the charities that are currently focused on helping Houston heal from Harvey.* Also many organizations throughout the country have put together supply drives and fundraisers to support our friends in Texas, so if you're looking to help, be sure to keep a lookout for opportunities in your community.
*Automation.com and the International Society of Automation (ISA) do not endorse any organization, these are simply links to charities that we are aware of:
Local charitable organizations
- The Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund of Houston’s mayor, Sylvester Turner, which is administered by the Greater Houston Community Foundation.
- Houston Food Bank and the Food Bank of Corpus Christi are asking for donations.
- The United Way of Greater Houston flood relief fund will be used to help with immediate needs as well as long-term services like minor home repair. Visit their website to donate or text UWFLOOD to 41444.
- The American Red Cross is accepting donations on its website. You can also text HARVEY to 90999 to donate $10.
- Donations to the Salvation Army can be made online, by calling 1-800-SAL-ARMY (1-800-725-2769) or texting STORM to 51555.
Did you enjoy this great article?
Check out our free e-newsletters to read more great articles..Subscribe