- February 21, 2017
- Honeywell Process Solutions
The technology ranges from a 3-D dimensioning system that automatically captures the volume of parcels to connected solutions that boost the productivity of workers in brick-and-mortar retail stores.
February 21, 2017 – Honeywell introduced its latest solutions for manufacturers, distribution centers, logistics providers, delivery firms and retailers to help drive efficiency across their supply chain operations.
The technology, announced during the Honeywell LIVE: The Future of Supply Chain, Today online broadcast event, range from a 3-D dimensioning system that automatically captures the volume of parcels to connected solutions that boost the productivity of workers in brick-and-mortar retail stores.
SPS is deploying connected solutions for a range of customer challenges. Automation, software and hardware solutions are helping retailers meet growing customer expectations for faster and cheaper delivery. Cloud technology is helping logistics providers better track and route deliveries. Connected safety solutions from SPS are designed to make workplaces safer by enabling better monitoring of workers in high-risk situations, such as firefighters or utility line workers.
The products and solutions announced at the event include:
- AutoCube, a 3-D depth sensing technology, automatically captures the volume of an object– to eliminate time-consuming and error-prone manual measurements. The dimensioning solution allows customers to reduce bottlenecks and shipping errors and optimize storage space and workflows.
- Connected Retail Solution combines software and mobile devices to bring distribution center operational excellence to brick-and-mortar retail stores. Retailers can better direct their store associates to improve speed and accuracy for fulfilling orders and completing routine store tasks.
- Operational Acuity, combined with Honeywell Vocollect voice technology, is a software suite that uses data collection, aggregation and predictive modeling techniques to show operations managers exactly how their distribution centers are operating and how best to improve them.
- Xenon 1902g wireless battery-free scanner, a 2D area-imager, designed to make wireless scanning more convenient with charging in less than 15 seconds. The scanner eliminates the need for replacement lithium-ion batteries and reduces the amount of heavy metals sent to landfills.
- CK75 handheld computer, a device optimized for warehouse, distribution center and manufacturing environments. The CK75 can also be equipped with a heater offering so that it can be used in cold storage and freezers.
- CN75 handheld computer is designed for courier express, parcel and mobile workers to function for long periods of time even in the most challenging weather conditions. The CN75 mobile device also offers operating system flexibility to support complex applications and wireless communications for real-time data reporting in the field.
The company also showcased how it is advancing cloud-based mobile solutions on its Movilizer platform. Solutions from Movilizer, which Honeywell acquired in 2016, are used by mobile workers performing field service, maintenance, sales and distribution activities. The Movilizer technology handles more than 1.5 million transactions each day.
Honeywell Safety and Productivity Solutions (SPS) provides products, software and connected solutions that improve productivity, workplace safety and asset performance for customers across the globe. Honeywell delivers mobile devices, software, cloud technology and automation solutions, a range of personal protective equipment and gas detection technology, and custom-engineered sensors, switches and controls.Learn More
Did you enjoy this great article?
Check out our free e-newsletters to read more great articles..Subscribe