- July 20, 2017
A platform that operates below an application's surface, Coleman mines data and uses machine learning to improve processes such as inventory management, transportation routing, and predictive maintenance
July 20, 2017 - Infor, a provider of business applications specialized by industry and built for the cloud, today announced Coleman, an enterprise-grade, industry-specific AI platform for Infor CloudSuite applications.
A platform that operates below an application's surface, Coleman mines data and uses machine learning to improve processes such as inventory management, transportation routing, and predictive maintenance; Coleman also provides AI-driven recommendations and advice to enable users to make business decisions more quickly.
In addition, Coleman acts as a smart AI partner, augmenting the user's work. Coleman uses natural language processing and image recognition to chat, hear, talk, and recognize images to help people use technology more efficiently.
Coleman develops a conversational relationship with the user which can be rendered in Infor Ming.le, a social collaboration platform, or a synthetic conversational user interface. User efficiency is increased as studies show humans are able to speak and hear 3-4 times as many words per minute as they can type. Processing the vast data in Infor CloudSuite, Coleman automates search and gather functions, which can take up 20 percent of a user's work week
Coleman is designed to help optimize human work potential in four ways:
- It's conversational - interactions are more efficient and natural, and offer a better user experience
- Augmentation - serves as a partner to amplify one's work
- Automation - manages low value tasks like repetitive tasks to enable the user to focus on more valuable work
- Advise - provides intelligent insights to help the user make decisions
Some examples of what a user could ask Coleman:
- "Coleman, what is the accounts receivable balance for ACME Corp?"
- "Coleman, what's the next best offer for this customer?"
- "Coleman, who is the sales rep on the ABC Labs account?"
- "Coleman, what price should I charge for a hotel room?"
- "Coleman, what are sales by month for the NW region this year?"
- "Coleman, how much PTO do I have left?"
- "Coleman, create a requisition for item 4321"
- "Coleman, approve the promotion for Nurse Jones"
Elements of Coleman are available today, such as predictive inventory management for healthcare, price optimization management for hospitality, and forecasting, assortment planning, and promotion management for retail. Over the next year Infor is expected to introduce Coleman to Infor CloudSuite industry suites.
The name "Coleman" was chosen to honor Katherine Coleman Johnson, a physicist and mathematician whose critical calculations helped man reach the moon. Mrs. Johnson excelled at math and science from a young age, overcoming the obstacles of segregation to become an essential figure in the United States Space Program. Mrs. Johnson, whose story was depicted in the 2016 film Hidden Figures, is a recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom. She has a passion for STEM (science, technology, engineering, math), and is an inspiration for generations of engineers and scientists.Learn More
Did you enjoy this great article?
Check out our free e-newsletters to read more great articles..Subscribe