- January 19, 2017
- Okuma America Corporation
The NTMA Plant Managers Roundtable at Modern Industries in Phoenix, Arizona will discuss the various types of automation devices that make lights-out manufacturing possible in addition to the advantages and challenges of each type of automization
January 19, 2017 –Okuma America Corporation, a provider in CNC machine tool manufacturing, announced that Jeff Estes, director, Partners in THINC, will be speaking at the NTMA Plant Managers Roundtable at Modern Industries in Phoenix, Arizona on Wednesday, February 8, 2017. Estes will discuss the various types of automation devices that make lights-out manufacturing possible in addition to the advantages and challenges of each type of automization.
Estes’ presentation will examine:
- Supporting technologies like tool life management and metrology, which are critical to lights-out manufacturing.
- How to prep equipment with larger tool capacity, larger lube tanks and agile workholding for unattended, extended runs.
- Why IIoT (Industrial Internet of Things) is critical to ensuring the highest utilization of automation equipment. Notification of offline machines and real-time data is essential for maintaining shop floor efficiency and productivity.
- Workforce talent needed to maintain productive systems.
Other Roundtable sessions include:
- Apprenticeship/Workforce Development
- Supply Chain Management
- Additive Manufacturing
- Big Data – Leveraging Shop Floor Data
- Pant Productivity/Lean Principles
About Okuma America Corporation
Okuma America Corporation is the U.S.-based sales and service affiliate of Okuma Corporation, a world leader in CNC (computer numeric control) machine tools, founded in 1898 in Nagoya, Japan. The company is the industry’s only single-source provider, with the CNC machine, drive, motors, encoders, and spindle all manufactured by Okuma.Learn More
Did you enjoy this great article?
Check out our free e-newsletters to read more great articles..Subscribe