- March 29, 2018
Sensai works to increase throughput and decrease downtime with AI technology that enables manufacturing operations teams to monitor machinery, diagnose problems and implement solutions.
March 29, 2018 - Sensai, an augmented productivity platform for manufacturing operations, announced the launch of its pilot program in the United States. Sensai works to increase throughput and decrease downtime with AI technology that enables manufacturing operations teams to monitor machinery, diagnose problems and implement solutions. Through the empowerment of people and digital transformation of current assets into a modern cloud-based collaboration hub, Sensai works to elevate and present information from every asset and person in the production process in an efficient manner. Sensai’s augmented productivity platform is a holistic enterprise system that combines human- and tech-based solutions, connecting, informing and using data-driven. By installing a set of wireless sensors that interconnect through a smart mesh network of gateways, Sensai collects data through its IIoT Hub, gateways and sensors, and instantly sends it to the cloud or an on-premise location to be processed and secured. As a result, operations teams are aware of production status, machinery requirements and needs with communication through dashboards, mobile applications and cloud-based connectivity to machinery. Sensai’s differentiator is that it provides a full state of awareness, not only of the current status, but also of the future conditions of the people, assets and processes on the manufacturing floor. Sensai will learn a businesses’ process and systems with coaching from machine operators, process and maintenance engineers. It will then make recommendations based on repeating patterns that were not previously detected. Sensai does this by assessing the team’s experiences and historical data from the knowledge base and cross checking patterns of previous failures against a real-time feed. About the Pilot Program Participation in Sensai’s pilot program is possible now for interested manufacturers. Already incorporated throughout Metalsa, a global manufacturer of automotive structural components, Sensai will work to enhance the manufacturing industry through AI, including those in automotive, heavy metal and stamping, construction materials, consumer goods and more. The pilot program process includes five stages:
- Assessment: Cultural fit, technological capability, knowledge availability and expected business outcomes are evaluated. Sensai gets a 360-degree view of the gaps to fill and advises how to add value in a short period of time.
- Instrumentation: Prioritizing on the expected outcomes, Sensai maps out how to successfully monitor the shop floor based on wireless and non-invasive technology.
- Implementation: The operations team and all stakeholders are informed, prepared and trained to maximize the benefits from the platform.
- Evaluation: After the three-month period, results of the pilot program are presented and compared to the initial business case prepared in the assessment to showcase the fulfillment of the expected outcomes.
- Rollout: After the successful deployment of the pilot, the Sensai team looks into the next five to 10 assets that are of priority and repeats the process.
Did you enjoy this great article?
Check out our free e-newsletters to read more great articles..Subscribe