- July 19, 2019
The award recognizes outstanding application of innovative control systems and/or instrumentation technology in the production of electric power.
July 19, 2019 — Analysis and Measurement Services Corporation (AMS), a nuclear technology consulting firm headquartered in Knoxville, Tennessee, was recently selected by the Power Industry Division (POWID) of the International Society of Automation (ISA) to receive a Co- Facilities Award for the company’s industrial testing and R&D facilities. The award recognizes outstanding application of innovative control systems and/or instrumentation technology in the production of electric power.
For more than 40 years AMS has remained a specialist in testing and verifying the performance of process instrumentation and control (I&C) systems in almost all of the nuclear power plants operating in the United States, as well as many in Europe and Asia. AMS performs technology research and development (R&D) projects for a number of national and international organizations and governmental agencies, including the U.S. Department of Energy,
U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, U.S. Department of Defense, NASA, U.S. Navy, and the Electric Power Research Institute. Furthermore, AMS works with the International Atomic Energy Agency, International Electrical Commission, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, and ISA to produce consensus standards and guidelines for the maintenance of nuclear power plants.
The following criteria were considered in POWID’s award nomination to AMS:
- Innovative application of a control system or instrumentation technology in the Power Industry.
- Successful application in a power generation plant (currently operational).
- Identified benefits to the industry are clear.
- Innovations have general applicability to any power plant in the industry, worldwide.
- Recipient is a facility (power plant, dispatch center, environmental treatment facility, simulator, etc.).
- Applies technology and/or equipment available through use of standard components or practices.
The ISA Power Industry Facility Award will be presented at the annual ISA POWID awards ceremony during the 2019 ISA Energy & Water Automation Conference held in Orlando, Florida, August 5–8, 2019. Mr. Chad J. Kiger, a Senior Engineering Manager at AMS, will represent AMS at the award ceremony.Learn More
Did you enjoy this great article?
Check out our free e-newsletters to read more great articles..Subscribe