- December 03, 2019
The Indegy Industrial Cybersecurity Suite integration with Tenable.sc, for on-prem vulnerability management, is available today. The Indegy integration with Tenable.io, for cloud-based vulnerability management, and Tenable Lumin will be available in the first half of 2020.
December 3, 2019 -Tenable, the Cyber Exposure company, announced that it has acquired Indegy Ltd., a specialist in industrial cybersecurity which provides visibility, security and control across operational technology (OT) environments.
In the digital era, OT cybersecurity risk is a critical business risk. Not only is the frequency of OT attacks increasing but the impact of an OT security event can have a material effect on business operations spanning beyond information leakage to equipment damage, safety concerns for employees, or a major environmental incident. A recent survey by the Ponemon Institute and Siemens found that the majority of respondents viewed cyber threats to be a greater risk to OT environments than to IT. Modern OT environments increasingly interconnect with IT as companies consolidate their operational data to optimize costs and accelerate innovation. The result is a complex, sensitive and vastly expanded attack surface for Chief Information Security Officers (CISO) to manage, often without visibility into OT environments.
Tenable and Indegy deliver the following capabilities within a single platform:
- Risk-based measurement: Score, trend and benchmark IT and OT together in Tenable Lumin, the company’s visualization, analytics and measurement solution for cyber exposure. Organizations can apply a dedicated approach to IT and OT through asset-relevant policies, metrics and KPIs, while leveraging the power of Tenable Lumin to measure IT and OT risk together for more comprehensive decision-making.
- Unified view of IT and OT vulnerabilities: View and manage OT security issues alongside IT vulnerabilities, from assessment through closed-loop remediation verification. OT vulnerabilities now leverage the power of Tenable Predictive Prioritization, which applies data science to prioritize OT issues for remediation based on the vulnerability and its likelihood of exploitability.
- Depth of intelligence into OT environments: Indegy brings an understanding of the complete OT device, including components from multiple vendors and how they relate to each other, for management.
- IT and OT vulnerability assessment: Through its OT device intelligence, Indegy pioneered and patented a safe way to bring active analysis to OT devices alongside passive monitoring. Indegy’s assessment approach, alongside Tenable’s combination of agent-based scanning, active analysis and passive monitoring, create a vulnerability data set.
- OT-specific process management: Security and plant operations teams both benefit from Indegy’s powerful OT asset inventory, configuration management and threat detection capabilities, in addition to its vulnerability management.
The Indegy Industrial Cybersecurity Suite integration with Tenable.sc, for on-prem vulnerability management, is available today. The Indegy integration with Tenable.io, for cloud-based vulnerability management, and Tenable Lumin will be available in the first half of 2020.Learn More
Did you enjoy this great article?
Check out our free e-newsletters to read more great articles..Subscribe