- February 19, 2020
The awards, which are judged by independent juries of industry experts, recognize infrastructure projects for digital innovations that improve project delivery and/or asset performance. The deadline for nominations is May 1, 2020.
February 19, 2020 – Bentley Systems, a provider of software solutions for advancing the design, construction, and operations of infrastructure, announced its call for nominations for the Year in Infrastructure 2020 Awards program. The awards, which are judged by independent juries of industry experts, recognize infrastructure projects for digital innovations that improve project delivery and/or asset performance. The deadline for nominations is May 1, 2020.
The Year in Infrastructure Awards are an integral part of Bentley’s annual Year in Infrastructure Conference. The conference, which will take place October 12-15 at the Vancouver Convention Centre, brings together infrastructure professionals and industry thought leaders from around the world to share best practices and learn about the latest advances in technology that will improve infrastructure project delivery and asset performance. Winners are announced during the gala awards dinner at the culmination of the conference.
Users of Bentley software are invited to nominate their projects in the Year in Infrastructure Awards program, no matter which phase the project is in – planning/conception, design, construction, or operations. The three finalists chosen for each awards category win a trip to Vancouver to attend the Year in Infrastructure 2020 Conference as guests of Bentley Systems. As part of the conference, the finalists will present their projects before the judges, industry thought leaders, and more than 100 members of the media
The Year in Infrastructure 2020 Awards will recognize outstanding achievements for infrastructure projects and assets in the following categories:
- 4D Digital Construction
- Buildings and Campuses
- Digital Cities
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Land and Site Development
- Mining and Offshore Engineering
- Power Generation
- Project Delivery
- Rail and Transit
- Reality Modeling
- Roads and Highways
- Road and Rail Asset Performance
- Structural Engineering
- Utilities and Communications
- Utilities and Industrial Asset Performance
- Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants
- Water, Wastewater and Stormwater Networks
Additionally, projects that represent Bentley’s mission of advancing infrastructure but transcend the narrower focus of the individual category awards can be considered for Special Recognition awards including:
- Advancements in Digital Twins for Project Delivery (Project Digital Twins) for aproject using a digital twin to gain useful insights, such as understanding the impact of change and design alternatives or highlighting issues with the quality of project data, to more effectively collaborate with the extended project team or to model the performance of a project and its construction.
- Advancements in Digital Twins for Asset Performance (Performance Digital Twins)for a project involving an operating infrastructure asset that uses a digital twin to gain useful insights to improve the performance in areas such as throughput, safety, compliance, or maintenance, to evaluate the relative impact of different operational strategies, to support training operational staff, or to support remote operations.
- Advancements in Sustainability and Resilience for a project that has been designed or an infrastructure asset that is being operated to achieve better sustainability (lower carbon footprint, better use of renewables, reduced environmental impact) or higher resilience (ability to withstand and recover from man-made or natural disasters, adaptability to changing conditions).
Did you enjoy this great article?
Check out our free e-newsletters to read more great articles..Subscribe