- October 11, 2021
These new solutions are purpose-built to help organizations in the manufacturing, telecommunications, financial services and healthcare and life sciences industries fuel great experiences and connect more deeply with customers and employees in a new world of work.
The pandemic has accelerated the digital imperative across all industries, now more than ever. At ServiceNow, our purpose is to make the world of work, work better for people. That purpose has never been clearer as we help our customers solve some of the most pressing challenges of the 21st century–from talent shortages to continuing global vaccination efforts–and everything in between.
We introduced the Now Platform Rome release, which includes new industry solutions to empower organizations to accelerate automation and strengthen operations across the enterprise. These new solutions are purpose-built to help organizations in the manufacturing, telecommunications, financial services and healthcare and life sciences industries fuel great experiences and connect more deeply with customers and employees in a new world of work.
Reinventing how manufacturers connect their workforce
We’re living in one of the tightest job markets in modern history. Even before the pandemic, manufacturers struggled to find talent, facing digital skill shortages and a sizable proportion of the workforce nearing retirement age. But as plant modernization accelerates, upskilling talent and enticing younger workers has become do-or-die for manufacturers.
To help manufacturers address these challenges, ServiceNow released Manufacturing Connected Workforce, a single digital solution that helps manufacturers maximize their return on Industry 4.0 investments. Manufacturing Connected Workforce connects people, processes, and technology, serving as a resource to capture and retain knowledge, upskill employees and ultimately create an agile, flexible and resilient environment.
ServiceNow manufacturing connected workforce helps you to digitize:
- Maps and visual guides of a facility’s systems and processes
- Standard operating procedures (SOPs) to ensure efficiency and compliance
- Institutional knowledge to empower operators with best practice expertise
In addition to Manufacturing Connected Workforce, the Rome platform release also includes Operational Technology Management (OT Management)–a single system of action to manage and secure critical operational technology across all manufacturing operations from one platform. OT Management provides a complete and contextual view of OT systems within the Now Platform, so you can keep them secure—and up and running. Manufacturers can then connect operational technology to production processes and digital workflows to rapidly respond and recover from any incident or change.
Modernizing and streamlining financial services
Financial services companies face mounting competitive pressure to rethink how their organizations will function and interact with customers in the new world of hybrid work. Harnessing the power of the Now Platform, financial institutions can connect employees and systems across the front, middle and back offices. With full transparency, they can structure, automate and streamline how work gets done to deliver better customer and employee experiences.
Building on Financial Services Operations, our Rome Release extends the process improvement power of the Now Platform to even more use cases out of the box through three new apps:
- Client Lifecycle Operations: There are layers of paperwork and documentation related to compliance and due diligence any time a bank needs to onboard a new customer—much of which is manually exchanged. Client Lifecycle Operations provides simple, comprehensive playbooks and automated tools to help banks onboard new customers faster and eliminate costly errors.
- Complaint Management: Every complaint presents a risk and, if not handled properly, can lead to regulatory fines and damaged customer relationships. Complaint Management helps banks prioritize, escalate, and route complaints, speed up resolution times and create a clear audit trail to avoid reputational damage and fines.
- Treasury Operations: Treasury services, such as wire transfers, ACH payments and remote deposit capture, is a high-margin business and an important revenue stream for commercial banks. Treasury Operations accelerates the client onboarding process by pulling customer information into a single system of action and enabling digital workflows to automatically manage tasks across several teams so banks can realize revenue faster.
Building flexibility into telecommunications workflows
Demand for better digital experiences is at an all-time high. Accelerated by the global pandemic and coupled with the rollout of 5G and next-gen services, communications service providers (CSPs) have been presented with both a massive opportunity and the risk of falling behind if they do not adapt and evolve.
With the ServiceNow Rome release, several new Order Management for Telecommunications apps enable CSPs with digital workflows that connect customers, employees, and processes to improve customer satisfaction, accelerate time to revenue, and reduce cost of service:
- In-flight Change Orders: Improves productivity and reduces manual tasks for agents using dynamic workflows to better update and manage active orders, offering more flexibility, speed and adaptability to respond to customer needs and requests.
- Service Order Management: Accelerates and simplifies order delivery with zero-touch automation for decomposing and orchestrating orders, improving agent productivity and customer satisfaction.
- Order Capture UI: Streamlines the order capture experience for new and change orders, delivering an integrated service experience across ordering and trouble management for agents and operations teams.
Powering the healthcare ecosystem of the future
Available in the Rome platform release, Healthcare and Life Sciences Service Management is our digital health platform for healthcare providers, life sciences companies and healthcare payers. Based on the HL7 FHIR standard, our new industry-specific data model extends the power of the Now Platform to solve a broad set of use cases within the healthcare and life sciences industries. We simplify everything from pre-visit questionnaires to patient support between appointments to clinical trial interactions, all geared at building better patient experiences. These workflows free up clinicians’ precious time to focus on what matters most–the patient.
Healthcare and Life Sciences Service Management now includes ServiceNow Vaccine Administration Management to continue helping public and private sector organizations efficiently turn vaccines into vaccinations. By connecting workflows across organizations and systems, we are powering more effective vaccine distribution, administration and monitoring.
Removing obstacles to quickly getting vaccines to the people who need them will be critical as the fall and winter flu season arrives and numerous countries continue to battle rising COVID cases.
The global economy is recovering at the fastest pace in 80 years, and organizations across all industries are investing in digital transformation to unlock new levels of innovation, agility and productivity to adapt to this new economy.
ServiceNow is proud to be in lockstep with our customers every step of the way, to make sure that no matter where or how their work happens–in an office, a hospital, a manufacturing floor, at home or on the go– the work continues to flow.
Did you enjoy this great article?
Check out our free e-newsletters to read more great articles..Subscribe