- July 12, 2020
Edge & IoT in Manufacturing: accelerating digital adoption and making a case for ROI
In this session, five industry leaders from Dell Technologies, Intel, and Siemens will discuss the opportunities and challenges in digital adoption in manufacturing, from a convergent IT and OT perspective.
Advances in data processing, analytics, and other IT technologies are driving innovative OT approaches at the edge, but adoption hasn’t kept pace with all functional areas and there is still a resistance to change. Identifying how to accelerate initiatives with a combination of building a solid case for ROI, sponsorship, ecosystem selection and understanding the human elements of embracing change has become the key to drive successful initiatives.
Topics of discussion will include:
- Digital manufacturing: where are we?
- Driving the change: finding the right sponsor, building consensus and identifying business outcomes
- Start small, scale fast: essential scale-up enablers
- Change management: charting the course for a digital workforce
- Cloudy or Edgy? The role of IT and the benefits for manufacturers