- April 06, 2020
- SICK, Inc.
April 6, 2020 – SICK is launching a safety laser scanner, nanoScan3. This product combines smart safety functions with measurement data quality for accurate localization. With an overall height of just over three inches, this sensor can be used wherever machines and vehicles require performance but have minimal mounting space. This enables manufacturers to use small AGVs or mobile robots equipped with SICK’s safety technology.
Based on microScan3 technology, the 2D safety sensor, nanoScan3, uses patented safeHDDM scan technology. This enables the nanoScan3 to hold up in harsh or challenging ambient conditions. It is impervious to interferences like dust, contamination, and ambient light.
- 3.15 inches in height
- Two pairs of OSSD safety outputs
- Design suitable for industrial use with standard M12 connectivity
- Up to 128 freely configurable fields and monitoring cases
- Direct static and encoder inputs for flexible monitoring case switching
- Protective field range of three meters with a scanning angle of 275-degrees
- Measurement data output for navigation support via Ethernet interface
- Safety Designer software enables flexibility in configuration and diagnostics