- February 04, 2021
By Tom Seubert and Grant Vokey
This practical guide, developed by industry veterans Grant Vokey and Tom Seubert, provides an operations-focused approach to manufacturing execution systems (MES). The authors present a holistic view of manufacturing operations management (MOM), explaining the interactions of the key elements—MES, ERP (enterprise resource planning), and PLM (product life cycle management)—and how MES contributes to a streamlined process that produces quality products.
This book discusses the potential for MES to drive real-time, data-driven performance improvement by expanding on the following concepts:
- How the MES application supports operations planning, analysis, and reporting
- How MES identifies quality issues and provides the data needed to determine the causes and resolve the problems
- The full scope of MES planning and implementation, and its impact on manufacturing operations
- IT concepts related to MES and how they apply to manufacturing operations
- How MES can be applied to IIoT
- How MES data can be used for continuous improvement
This book serves as an excellent resource for manufacturing professionals interested in improving plant floor efficiency, quality, and productivity.