- February 04, 2020
- Bedrock Automation
February 4, 2020 – Bedrock Automation, the maker of Bedrock OSA automation platform, has introduced the integration of flow computer functionality into the OSA platform. The OSA +Flow family embeds Flow-Cal measurement applications into the Bedrock Automation platform. Flow-Cal’s software is a choice for flow measurement and production-accounting data.
The OSA+Flow software has been incorporated across all Bedrock controllers providing scalability for PLC, RTU or DCS flow control requirements at custody transfer stations, separators, and other oil and gas production facilities. These solutions include full support of multi-drop serial, Ethernet, and HART for Coriolis, ultrasonic, and smart transmitters.
The OSA +Flow family consists of two products: the OSA +Flow platform and OSA Remote +Flow. The OSA +Flow is installed in the standard Bedrock OSA pin-less backplane with unlimited scalability for PLC, RTU or DCS flow control at custody transfer stations, separators, and other oil and gas facilities. The OSA Remote +Flow is designed for applications requiring 10 or 20 hard I/O, such as most custody transfer stations.Flow computing functionality of both the platform and remote version includes the following:
- Flow computation with integrated process control and built-in Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) cyber security capabilities
- 64 GB secure Flash memory, 512 MB Program memory and multicore ARM Cortext processors
- Embedded industry-leading Flow-Cal measurement algorithms
- American Petroleum Institute (API) Chapter 21.1 (natural gas) and Chapter 21.2 (liquids) compliant calculation library
- Freeconfiguration and maintenance software based on Inductive Automation and Bedrock IDE IEC 61131-3 software tools, with unlimited seats and tags, embedded simulation, and online training
- Software-defined, analog and discrete input/output and per channel selectable serial, Ethernet, and HART communications for field devices
- Embedded OPC Unified Architecture (OPC UA) and Message Queuing Telemetry Transport (MQTT)
- -40o to +80o C(176o F) temperature operating range
- Galvanic isolation for EFT and EMP
- Sealed all-metal construction to prevent physical damage and ingress of dust and moisture