- January 07, 2022
Dec. 21, 2021 - Acumentrics, the leader in ruggedized power solutions supporting a wide range of demanding military and commercial applications, introduces their 1000W Rugged Half Rack UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) with industry leading SWaP-C, providing the warfighter with a new level of power-portability for mission-critical applications. At just 12 lbs, Acumentrics’ Rugged Half Rack UPS features an industry leading power density of 83W per pound and is just one-third the size of a 1000W full-size chassis.
Acumentrics’ 1000W Half Rack UPS provides the autonomous power needed for small form factor networking, communication, and computer platforms that support “Quick at the Halt” and “On the Move” mounted and dismounted tactical missions. This Mil Standard Certified UPS provides systems architects with a COTS (Commercial Off The Shelf) power system that can be easily integrated with Small Form Factor Modules from: DTECH; KLAS; PACSTAR; Mercury; HP; and Dell, along with other computer networking and communication modules that require 20VDC to 30VDC mission-critical power. It is also compatible with small form factor transit cases that are available from Ameripack, ECS, Desapro and others.
Said Steve Corbesero, Acumentrics senior VP of sales and marketing, “Our engineering team used advanced technologies and high-performance digital control to optimize the SWaP-C of the 1000W Half Rack UPS™. We’ve reduced the size and weight of this portable UPS, while providing the rugged power and runtime necessary for the warfighter to deploy fully operational electronic systems in austere environments. In military applications, this means portable power that can increase the survivability, lethality, and responsiveness of the combat soldier, while giving them the technical advantage at the tactical edge.”
The 1000W Rugged Half Rack UPS is a COTS rugged mission critical power system that is designed to meet MIL Standards such as:
- EMC: MIL-STD 461F CE102, RE102, CS114/115/116, CS101 & RS103
- Environmental: MIL-STD-810-G, Method 514.6, Category 20, Figure 514.6C-3, Table 514.6C-VI, Method 516.6, Procedure I, Section 220.127.116.11 and Table 516.6-I, Ground Equipment.
- A user-replaceable battery pack featuring hot-swappable Lithium Iron Phosphate (LFP) batteries with charge-level indication and status buttons;
- Uninterrupted load operation with zero switch-over time if AC input power is lost and/or returned;
- Acceptance of True Worldwide Input™ including AC input power from 100 VAC to 264 VAC / 47 HZ to 440 HZ;
- Cold Start for operation when grid power is not available providing up to 60 Minutes of runtime for a 100W load;
- An operational temperature of -40 to 60 deg C; available with optional SNMP and optional extended runtime battery.