- July 09, 2020
- Applied Motion Products, Inc.
July 10, 2020 - Applied Motion Products increases the acceptance of MDX Integrated Servo Motors into industrial motion control applications with UL Recognition on all models. This certification is meant to assure users in the United States and Canada that these motors meet standards for electrical safety.
The integrated motors were evaluated according to ANSI/UL standards 1004-1 Rotating Electrical Machines, 1004-6 Servo and Stepper Motors, and 61800-5-1 Adjustable Speed Drives. The certifications are noted under UL file number E472271.
MDX Integrated Servo Motors combine a torque density, low inertia servo motor with an on-board drive and controller. With MDX there are no cables required to connect the servo drive to the motor because the servo drive is integrated into the motor housing.
There are currently ten models available that provide 200 or 400 Watts continuous rated output power and up to 26.6 in-lb (3.0 N-m) peak torque. Multiple communication options include Ethernet, RS-485 and CANopen.
- Ethernet models support EtherNet/IP and Modbus industrial networking protocols, as well as Applied Motion’s Serial Command Language (SCL) for easy streaming of motion commands from any device.
- RS-485 models support Modbus and SCL.
- CANopen models adhere to the motion profiles defined in the CiA 402 standard.
- All models feature dual-port communications for daisy-chain network connections.