- June 08, 2020
- ADLINK Technology
June 9, 2020 -- ADLINK Technology has launched the ROScube-I with Intel, providing a real-time ROS 2 robot controller for robotic applications. The ADLINK ROScube-I Series is a ROS 2-enabled robotic controller based on Intel Xeon E, 9th Gen Intel Core i7/i3 and 8th Gen Intel Core i5 processors, and features I/O connectivity supporting a variety of sensors and actuators to meet the needs of a range of robotic applications. The ROScube-I supports an extension box for convenient functional and performance expansion with Intel VPU cards and the Intel Distribution of OpenVINO toolkit for computation of AI algorithms and inference.
Robotic systems based on the ROScube-I are supported by ADLINK’s Neuron SDK, a platform specifically designed for professional robotic applications such as autonomous mobile robots (AMR) and with ROS 2 Foxy Fitzroy (codename "foxy"), Neuron SDK customers can have long-term support (LTS), as well as ADLINK's services for ROScube.
The ROScube-I series features:
- x86-64 mainstream architecture for ROS 2 development
- I/O for connecting a wide range of devices
- Real-time I/O for environmental sensors (CAN, GPIO, COM)
- Real-time middleware for communication between software components and devices
- Hypervisor for safe mission critical mission execution
- Secure connectivity with locking USB ports
- Optional RTOS such as VxWorks