- June 28, 2020
- METZ CONNECT USA Inc.
June 29, 2020 - The METZ CONNECT Modbus Gateway MR-GW is designed to integrate Modbus RTU devices into a Modbus TCP network and offer a communication option of Modbus TCP clients with one or more Modbus RTU slaves.
The MR-Gateway can be connected to METZ CONNECT Modbus RTU devices via two 4-pole terminals on the front of the device and a jumper plug. An integrated web server is used for parameter settings, management and monitoring of the two interfaces (Ethernet/RS485). The web interface is also used to update the firmware. The MR-Gateway is suitable for decentralized mounting in electrical sub-distribution boards or in control cabinets on TH35 mounting rails in accordance with IEC 60715.
- Simultaneous access from 32 Modbus TCP clients
- Bidirectional exchange of data between Modbus RTU Slave devices and a Modbus TCP Master (client)
- Protocol: Modbus RTU over TCP (Transparent gateway), Modbus TCP/IP v1.0b, Telnet, HTTP 1.0
- Integrated web server
- Software-independent TCP configuration via web interface
- Device search of METZ CONNECT Modbus RTU devices on the RS485 bus
- Galvanic 3-way isolation (RS485- Ethernet-power supply)
- Status monitoring of TCP and RS485 communication