- June 02, 2020
- Swagelok Company
June 3, 2020 – Swagelok—a provider of fluid system products, assemblies, and related services—has announced the release of the full-bore, bidirectional flow–capable Swagelok GB series ball valve. The valve is engineered to provide high flow rates at a working pressure of 6000 psig (413 bar) while delivering the shutoff performance needed to keep workers safe and systems operating in a variety of demanding applications.
The Swagelok GB series ball valve can be deployed as a general-purpose ball valve. Examples of applications for the valve include hydraulic, injection, and fire suppression systems in the oil and gas industry; isolation for compressed natural gas (CNG) vehicle infrastructure; and isolation in highly corrosive alkylation operations in the chemical and petrochemical industry. When combined with Swagelok’s range of tube fittings, tubing, and instrument valves, the ball valve enables customers to build a complete 6000 psig-rated fluid system with tubing diameters up to one inch using all Swagelok components.
For engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) companies and fluid system package vendors, the Swagelok GB series ball valve provides value by reducing the time required to install and verify the performance of components installed in high-flow industrial applications.
- The valve is designed for setup, with bidirectional flow eliminating concerns about backwards installations. Integral Swagelok end connections that range in size from 3/8 in. to 1 in. simplify system design and minimize labor and component requirements.
- Body seal performance is validated through hydrostatic system proof testing up to 1.5 times the maximum rated pressure.
- The valve is built to allow simple customization, featuring a bolt pattern that can be used as an installation point for an optional lockout handle or panel mount, as well as a bracket compatible with an ISO 5211 pneumatic actuator. Having the ability to configure GB series ball valves as needed outside the factory makes it possible in some cases to streamline inventories of full-flow valves by stocking fewer SKUs.
- The valve was designed with an emphasis on safety, featuring a patent-pending, mechanically locked end screw design that reduces risk of accidental disassembly or leakage. A proven leak-tight stem seal design with a blowout-proof stem provides additional reliability.
- To reduce corrosion in harsh environments, the Swagelok GB series ball valve is available in a variety of alloy materials such as 6-Moly, Alloy 2507, and Alloy C-276, as well as materials selected in accordance with NACE MR0175 for sour gas applications. The valve also complies with ASME B31.1 and B31.3 standards for power and process piping systems.