- May 12, 2023
Intelligent power management company Eaton has announced the availability of its G3 Universal Input Rack PDU (G3 UPDU). With its universal input, dynamic C39 outlets and global approval, the G3 UPDU can be easily deployed into a single data center or a global data center network across multiple locations—saving time, reducing costs and simplifying power management.
The G3 UPDU boasts all the sophisticated management capabilities enterprise and multi-tenant data center customers expect from an Eaton PDU and adds new, innovative features to help meet the most diverse data center rack power needs. By accommodating rack equipment with a broad range of power requirements, it alleviates the cost and complexity of mixing and matching different PDUs for different installations and supports customers as power needs evolve.
Features of the G3 UPDU include:
- Supports 5 kVA single-phase through 23 kVA three-phase power and can be paired with any one of 12 detachable input cords with 12 different plugs
- C39 outlets that accommodate both C14 and C20 plugs, adding flexibility to deployments and simplifying the PDU selection process
- Meets industry standards used all over the world, enabling customers to source a single PDU chassis globally and pair it with input power cables rated for the voltage requirements at each destination
- Toolless mounting buttons that offer multiple mounting options to fit different rack layouts and power needs, helping make space for other equipment
- Provides metering, monitoring and switching at the outlet level for granular power data and precision control of power delivery
- Integrates with Eaton’s Brightlayer Data Centers suite and can be managed via web browser or SNMP integration into DCIM
- High-density design fits 42 evenly distributed outlets on a 42U chassis
- Hot-swappable eNMC (ePDU Network Management and Control) module can be removed without interrupting power to the PDU
The G3 UPDU simplifies the process of global deployment by providing a flexible power distribution solution that can accept multiple input voltages and plug types, reducing the need for region-specific models. When deployed with Eaton’s range of high-quality rack enclosures, customers receive a comprehensive solution for simplifying the deployment and management of data centers globally.
The G3 UPDU is now available.