- May 25, 2023
Rajant Corporation, the pioneer of Kinetic Mesh wireless networks, debuts its Sparrow BreadCrumb portable wireless radio for use with non-autonomous tele-remote mining and construction and applications. The Sparrow is Rajant's latest portable wireless radio within its portfolio of industrial Kinetic Mesh nodes. This IP67 radio, intended for use in heavy-duty machinery and light-duty vehicle applications, has dual 2X2 MIMO transceivers and four antennas with multiple mounting options. Sparrow interfaces include wired Ethernet and built-in Wi-Fi access points to enable data, voice, and low-bandwidth video applications.
Like all other Rajant BreadCrumbs, the Sparrow solves Wi-Fi problems by providing sitewide Wi-Fi coverage, enabling machine-to-machine communications to see around obstructions, and providing sitewide ubiquitous Wi-Fi coverage to connect to Wi-Fi IoT devices, including VoIP handsets. The Sparrow is purpose-built for heavy-duty machinery in mining, heavy construction, airports, oil & gas, utilities, solar, wind, smart cities, and public safety, as well as non-tele remote and non-autonomous applications for construction and mid-tier mines and quarries. The Sparrow can be deployed as a mobile or infrastructure wireless node.
The Sparrow BreadCrumb bridges the gap between legacy Wi-Fi networks and expensive (and not always proven) LTE technology. Key BreadCrumb functionality includes:
- Provide Ethernet and Industrial WiFi Access Point interfaces to enable data, voice, and video applications
- Enable any-node to any-node communication–no static controller, no single point of failure
- Access to 900 MHz, 2.4 GHz, 4.9 GHz, 5 GHz, and additional licensed & unlicensed frequencies
- Built for extreme environments and condition–most ruggedized enclosure, IP67 rated
- Provide configurable per-hop, per-packet data authentication and support strong cryptographic options used for data encryption
- Scale seamlessly to connect any number of nodes within the Kinetic Mesh network mesh infrastructure.