- October 16, 2019
- Fluke Corporation
October 16, 2019 – In industrial settings, technicians and electricians sometimes work in extreme conditions to troubleshoot electrical systems. The Fluke 87V MAX True-rms Digital Multimeter is designed to work in industrial environments so technicians can take measurements safely regardless of conditions.
The 87V MAX has an IP67 rating making it fully waterproof and dustproof, and has been tested to withstand a four-meter (13 foot) drop. It has an operating temperature range of -15 °C to +55 °C (5 °F to 131 °F), as low as -40 °C for up to 20 minutes, and can operate in up-to-95 percent humidity. The Fluke 87V MAX also includes a removable holster that doubles as test lead storage and a test probe holder for one-handed operation.
The 87V MAX features the same set of measurement functions and accuracy as the 87V, including:
- True-rms ac voltage and current for measurements on non-linear signals;
- Measurements up to 1000 V ac and dc;
- Measurements up to 10 A (20 A for 30 seconds);
- Frequency measurements to 200 kHz;
- A built-in temperature function to conveniently take temperature readings (using supplied thermocouple);
- Min/Max/Average recording, plus 250 μs Peak min-max to capture variations automatically;
- Function for accurate voltage and frequency measurements on variable frequency motor drives (VFDs) and other electrically noisy equipment.
The DMM features a 19,999 count display mode and a two-level bright white backlight for work in dark areas. The meter includes backlit keypad buttons for visibility. It also has twice the battery life — up-to-800 hours — as the original 87V.
The 87V MAX comes complete with TL175 test leads, AC175 alligator clips, and an 80BK-A type-K DMM temperature probe.
The 87V MAX is safety rated CAT IV 600V/CAT III 1000V.