- February 01, 2019
- Monnit Corp.
February 1, 2019 – Monnit Corporation announced the release of a cellular gateway to meet the global demand for enterprise IoT deployment. The Monnit 4G LTE International Gateway is based on a 4G LTECAT-M1/ NB1 wireless engine and integrates Monnit's wireless access point network (WAN) for use with Monnit Wireless Sensors. The gateway allows the sensors to operate on cellular networks.
Monnit 4G LTE International Gateway features:
- Encrypt-RF (256-bit key exchange and AES-128 CBC)
- Onboard memory stores up to 50,000 sensor messages (data stored during internet outages is sent when connectivity is restored)
- AC main power with battery backup lasting up to 24 hours
- Over-the-air software upgrades included
- Supports up to 100 Monnit Wireless Sensors
- 4G LTECAT-M1/ NB1(deployed bands: 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 12, 13, 20, 28)
- AT&T, T-Mobile USA, Telstra, Verizon
- Mini-SIM (3FF) 15 mm x 12 mm x 0.76 mm
- Gateway communicates with battery-powered sensors 1,200 ft + away (non-line-of-site through 12+ walls)
Monnit cellular gateways communicate with the iMonnit (cloud or on-premise) monitoring software via cellular transmission, making them ideal for remote locations or where internet is not available. The system aggregates sensor information and sends notifications via text or email if user-defined conditions are met or exceeded.