- October 21, 2019
October 17, 2019 — Parker’s Electromechanical & Drives Division North America announced the release of the ACR7000 series controllers. Built on the ACR9000 platform, the family utilizes re-imagined hardware designs, designed for tabletop and laboratory style instruments. With the flexibility of the AcroBasic language, the ACR7000 series is a building block for customer specific motion system solutions.
Hardware features include:
- 800MHz ARM Cortex A8 processor
- Ethernet Communications, RJ-45 Connection
- 24VDC Motor Input Power and separate 24VDC control power
- Four micro-stepping drives with up to 4Amps for each motor
- Selectable micro-stepping resolution, up to 51,200 steps/rev
- Four Encoder inputs for optional position maintenance or position verification functions
- On-board I/O, including high-speed trigger inputs and encoder-based outputs
The release of the ACR7000 also introduces a software development tool, Parker Motion Manager (PMM). Parker Motion Manager combines Parker’s ACR-View (a code-development tool) and years of user feedback in a scalable software development environment. A set-up wizard and software oscilloscope are among the features in PMM.