- March 04, 2019
- PI Vision
March 4, 2019 – PI introduced the A-351 MGS, a mechanical gantry system engineered to deliver throughput for applications that require controlled precise overhead motion. The gantry is driven by linear motors and each axis is equipped with preloaded linear bearings. Applications include 3D printers, assembly, pick-and-place, alignment, inspection, and other industrial automation applications.
The A-351 MGS gantry system is designed for load capacity of 20kg, twice the amount of its A-341 air-bearing-based sibling. Absolute-measuring linear encoders with nanometer resolution are optional, and ironless linear motors eliminate cogging.
An optional vertical axis (Z-stage) with either ballscrew drive or linear motor and pneumatic counterbalance can be integrated with the gantry cross axis.
Features of the ball bearings stages include:
- 300x300 to 500x1000mm XY travel
- Absolute encoders, 1nm resolution
- Z-Stage options: linear motors or ball screws
- Dynamic error mapping
- 2m/sec max velocity (cross axis)
- Cable carrier option, e-chain
- Water cooling option for high acceleration / high duty cycle applications